PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The quickest meal you can make?

Options
I am just wondering about really quick meals to make, because I have a really busy week ahead.
I don't buy processed food, so it'll have to be made from scratch. I also don't have a microwave.

I was thinking about things like:

-beans on toast
-Omelette/frittata
-Salads

But does anyone else have any super quick recipes to share please?

Comments

• Smudges
    Smudges Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    My quick go to's are:

Pasta puttanesca. It only takes as long as the pasta takes to cook (10 minutes) and I always have the ingredients in.

Tortilla (Spanish omelette). I precook the potato in the microwave for a few minutes before frying with chorizo and pouring the eggs over, served with a side salad. I see you do not have a microwave but i'm sure if you cut the potato small enough it should cook very quickly in a pan.

Asian style noodle soups using hm broth from the freezer, rice noodles and whatever veg, fish, meat is around. Prawns cook really fast and are yummy!

Good luck with your busy week!
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pasta - boil it drain put back in saucepan add marmite and stir - yum!

eggy bread

fry bacon add to bread cover with cheese and grill

get the puff pastry stuff put some mozarella slices tomato slices and bits of basil stuff into oven :)
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I make corned beef hash which is quick as I use tinned potatoes. I mix some worcestershire sauce with grainy mustard in a bowl and stir cubed corned beef in (the tin has been in the fridge) and leave to marinate whilst I fry some sliced onion. I cook that until it just starts to brown and then stir in some tinned potatoes that i have halved (or quartered depending on size). I cook that for 5/6 mins and then stir in the marinated corned beef and cook for one more minute. OH has a fried egg on the top which I cook at the same time. So takes about 15 mins from start to finish. It is a Delia Smith recipe that I have adapted!
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

ZCUPaSOUP-MAIN-RANGE_3.jpg

just add water.
  • DaveTheMus
    DaveTheMus Posts: 2,669 Forumite
    Options
    Proper Spaghetti Carbonara takes under ten minutes if you make it the Rick Stein way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1cUwX4Xzt0

I've made it a few times and it's top drawer
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    I am just wondering about really quick meals to make, because I have a really busy week ahead.
    I don't buy processed food, so it'll have to be made from scratch. I also don't have a microwave.

I was thinking about things like:

-beans on toast
    -Omelette/frittata
    -Salads

But does anyone else have any super quick recipes to share please?

I have a book called fast and simple - 100 everyday recipies, all the meals take around 10 minutes :cool:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pasta with pesto stirred through is really quick or microwaved jacket potato. Other things on toast like scrambled eggs or sardines or mackerel.

For future weeks, if you made some HM ready meals (Bolognese, chilli, curry etc) for the freezer it would tide you over busy times.
  • Peggybabcot
    Peggybabcot Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In our house quick favourites are:
    Mushroom & bacon pasta (passata with fried onion, mushroom & bacon)
    Chorizo pasta (again passata with onion and chorizo )
    Prawn stir fry (garlic, ginger and soy sauce added for flavour)
    Jacket potatoes (quick preparation but obviously not to cook)
    Beans on toast
    Omelette with cheese and used like a wrap and fill with bacon & mushrooms served with salad
    Ploughman's (crusty baguette, salad, pickle and an apple)
    Tuna salad (mixed salad topped with tuna, new potatoes, eggs and sprinkled with grated cheese whilst the potatoes are still warm. Lush!)
    Poached eggs on toast
    Crustless quiche and salad or baked beans
    Ham, egg & chips
    Fried mushrooms, onions, peppers and chicken stirred through ready cooked packet rice heated on the hob (uncle Ben's et al as you don't have to microwave them)
    Hth x
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • gayle1
    gayle1 Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    prawn stir fry? u add anything else boys love prawns
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite