How much will remortgaging cost? Guide

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
2 replies 5.8K views
MSE_Helen_SMSE_Helen_S MSE Staff
103 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks folks,

Replies

• pinkteapotpinkteapot Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a note to say thanks for this - we're going to be remortgaging for the first time and I was confused as to what fees were involved (compared to when buying a house and getting a new mortgage). :D
  • edited 23 June 2014 at 2:09PM
    kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2014 at 2:09PM
    FWIW this;-
    Is a low or high fee best?

Whether it's best to go for a high fee/low-rate deal, or a low fee/high-rate deal depends on the size of the loan you need and the duration of the deal. Generally speaking, higher fees work better for larger loans, or for deals where you have a longer period to recover the fee, ie a five year fixed rate, rather than a two year.
    needs the tweek in bold.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides