UnbeatableHire.com

Options

Comments

• naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ggb1979 wrote: »
    Hi Susan; surprised you feel that way, admittedly I've only scan read the 2 threads but not p picked up on any bullying. Everyone had a conflicting opinion to cornucopia I think but didn't pick up anyone going at you.

Might have missed it but would encourage you to stick around. I have learned a lot in this forum from regular posters and good ping pong debate is what helps drive that learning.

Ignore the tone as written words quick look y typed over th e internet often have an unintended edge but between the precise words is good narrative.

I agree with your post apart from your very first comment. The following is an example of where the tone seemed uncalled for:

"I really find it hard to believe anyone can't do the basic math on this and ask the Q's you have, so am calling you a party to this whole shebang."

This was in response to someone who was questioning the proposition and highlighting that some numbers did not seem to add up. Yet the post with that comment received 3 thanks. Of course those thanks may have been in response to other parts of the post. And it is good that the sentiment of this thread is to strongly warn people of the risks of the investment.

But I can see why the tone of some responses could alienate some of those genuinely seeking advice.
  • Susan_Crane
    Susan_Crane Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    It seems to me to be obvious that an apparent 10% return in this day and age is likely to be because of a higher risk. It also seems obvious that anything where the capital is secured on an asset that is apparently bought for around £36,000 and sold three years later for £17,000 can hardly be described as security. But, I don't think the way to deal with individuals who defend the scheme is to accuse them of working on behalf of the company, I think the way to expose it is to discuss what they say.

I do not think that a response that criticises me because I have not posted more often is a good way of exposing the shortcomings of the scheme.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,339 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2015 at 7:28PM
    Options
    ggb1979 wrote: »
    Hi Susan; surprised you feel that way, admittedly I've only scan read the 2 threads but not p picked up on any bullying. Everyone had a conflicting opinion to cornucopia I think but didn't pick up anyone going at you.
    Cornucopia was posting to one of the other threads. :p
    It seems to me to be obvious that an apparent 10% return in this day and age is likely to be because of a higher risk. It also seems obvious that anything where the capital is secured on an asset that is apparently bought for around £36,000 and sold three years later for £17,000 can hardly be described as security. But, I don't think the way to deal with individuals who defend the scheme is to accuse them of working on behalf of the company, I think the way to expose it is to discuss what they say.

I do not think that a response that criticises me because I have not posted more often is a good way of exposing the shortcomings of the scheme.
    What you seem to be missing is that there are plenty of instances where someone signs up to the forum or re-activates a dormant account with the express purpose of promoting or defending a scam investment here. There was another thread recently (not about the same company) where several people whose investments had apparently disappeared and they were trying to coordinate in order to take some action. First a few new posters appeared to deny anything was wrong and I think those posts got deleted by the forum team after a while as they were very dodgy-looking. Some time later, they tried it again, this time a poster posed as a fellow investor and tried to convince those taking action that they should wait because they'd met with the directors and ascertained peoples money will be paid back soon, and even suggested they should invest more to speed things up! When some posters objected, this individual flooded the thread with nonsense promotional messages about the company and how great it was in order to disrupt any useful discussion and that went on for weeks.

So I'm sorry that you have been accused of being one of those posters, which on this occasion has turned out not to be the case. But people have been conditioned to be suspicious of those who appear to start their posting careers in threads discussing potentially dodgy investments for very good reason. I think it is right for those with genuine suspicions to say so.
  • stevvieboi
    Options
    this company has changed its name 3 times in the last 7 years that i know, and how do i know, they used to use my motorhome for some of their hirers, but was always a problem getting payment from them, at one point i was almost taking court action, i now have asked they do not contact me again for any hirers, as for the company name, after all the hidden charges have being applied, its no longer unbeatable hire,
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your contribution and good to know it's not spam.
    I'll be investing tomorrow as soon as the banks open.
  • uk69gb
    uk69gb Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 2:25AM
    Options
    Hi
    Just found this thread.
    I can confirm that I invested £35,000 with Unbeatablehire 4 years ago and I have been receiving £300 every month since.
    I had the option to end the chattel mortgage a year ago but I decided to continue with the 10+% p.a. interest rate !
    I believe the current deal requires a slightly higher investment for a slightly lower rate?
    They have now arranged over 500 of these deals, though some have been cashed in after 3yr. (I have registered with Companies House to receive alerts every time there is a new charge or a settled charge ie. chattel mortgage registrations

btw: I believe the "old" motorhomes sold for c.£17k are much more than 3yr old ....
  • uk69gb
    uk69gb Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    PS: just investigated ... now investment is £36k for £225/mth interest .....not so good a deal but times have changed! ... and it is still far, far better than any other investment potential with similar risk ?
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    uk69gb wrote: »
    I can confirm that I invested £35,000 with Unbeatablehire 4 years ago and I have been receiving £300 every month since.

What is the current surrender value of your investment, and how quickly could you realise it?

No book cost or mark to model nonsense please, I want to know what Unbeatablehire or a third party would pay you for your investment if you wanted to sell it today.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    masonic wrote: »

What you seem to be missing is that there are plenty of instances where someone signs up to the forum or re-activates a dormant account with the express purpose of promoting or defending a scam investment here.

But people have been conditioned to be suspicious of those who appear to start their posting careers in threads discussing potentially dodgy investments for very good reason. I think it is right for those with genuine suspicions to say so.

Hi
    Just found this thread.
    PS: just investigated ... now investment is £36k for £225/mth interest .....not so good a deal but times have changed! ... and it is still far, far better than any other investment potential with similar risk ?

Case. Rest. :cool:
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,632 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi
    Just found this thread.....
    Any particular reason you were searching Google for information about Unbeatable Hire scam investments? Seems a bit strange when you're happy with what you've supposedly done
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback