Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

• Olliegami
    Olliegami Posts: 414 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel pretty 'mixed' about finances this evening. After working out my total debt, I feel better - and after cancelling a few things, I can add organised to that list, but there are still a few bumps in the road.

Mostly, it's just trying to find get enough money flowing through my account to pay for everything. Money just seems to disappear very quickly doesn't it!

I'm going to keep pushing on as hard as I can!

GL: £3.86
    GH: 986 HC
    OnePoll: £18.15
    Cl!xSense: £1.90
    Paypal: $6.52 (£4.12) :(
    Pureprofile: £15.80
  • Olliegami
    Options
    I have fallen into a trap.

This often happens when I try to start money making/saving. I end up scouring the internet for ways to make money and then get carried away with it. I signed up to a few Australian survey websites, as a lot of the English ones won't let me sign in/up whilst I'm out here - I guess they track ISPs.

GL: £4.12
    GH: 1026 HC
    OnePoll: £18.25
    Paypal: $6.52 (£4.10)
  • Olliegami
    edited 1 May 2015 at 2:28PM
    Options
    I tried to change my avatar, but apparently it's not worked?

That's about the most interesting thing I have to add to any conversation today! Kinda glad it's the weekend, if only because I'll get woken up by the random screaming of children instead of by an alarm. (Which is surprisingly more frustrating???)

Added a bunch of other things to my list of things I like to keep updated?

GeoLotto: £4.42
    GiftHulk: 1071 HC
    OnePoll: £18.55
    Paypal: $6.52 (£4.12)
    MyOpinions: 301/2300
    MySurvey: 125/345
    GlobalTestMarket: 260/1000
  • Olliegami
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to be updating my little list every day - just seems a little mundane AND, I lose all the excitement of totalling it all if I feel I have to do it to make a post so - yeah. There's that. My life is so dull right now!!

Today has been another NSD for me! =D (Mostly because if you haven't GOT any money it's pretty difficult to SPEND it.) Managed to convince the kid's mum to buy some 'picks' for their reward box - so I've saved myself a bunch of money because I know I would have gone crazy with it.

I have been advertising my GeoLotto code on Facebook though in the hopes that some friends will sign up too! I never know which game is better, but I'm a bit of a gambler, so I settle for smaller 'wins' in the hopes I might win that huge jackpot!
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Great job on getting the mum to buy the rewards, surely that's not in your job description to be spending your wage on the kids anyway is it? Would their mum be able to stretch to a small allowance for them each so they can buy their own treats etc meaning your money can go on you and debts?
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • Olliegami
    Options
    The reward box was my idea, so - to start with I bought a bunch of stuff to go in it.

I totally over spent on them at Easter, but I think in the future I'll be giving home made presents. I hope they'll appreciate them more! (They don't really have a need for an allowance. They get a lot of things, often.)
  • Olliegami
    Options
    Finally! One of my friends registered for Ge0Lotto so I got 100 extra digs which was awesome. It also happened to push me over the withdraw limit and I stuck £5.20 into my bank which is good. =D

I decided to withdraw the USD in my paypal account too - as I'm a little worried about my Current Account right now. There are a few DDs due to come out, and I'm going to go into my overdraft which means I'll incur a charge again. :/

Really need to get my finances in order. I'm just going to have to make sure not to buy anything else for as long as possible. It's my birthday at the end of the month, so I might get some money from Mum and Dad and I'm NOT going to spend it unless I need to!
  • Olliegami
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Another awesome day for money saving. Or rather, NOT!Spending. It's been a bit of a stressful day, so I'm holed up in my bedroom getting some quiet time before bed - but it's certainly going to be an early night for me too!

Not much else to report, except I have an FOY code good for two users - yrjc642sl

Stay inspired, everyone~!
  • Olliegami
    Options
    Fridays feel like a good day for an update!

GeoLotto: £4.42 Cashed out @ £5.20. New total: £1.65
    GiftHulk: 1578/5000
    OnePoll: £19.05
    Cl!xSense: £1.92
    Paypal: $6.52 (£4.12)
    MyOpinions: 301/2300
    MySurvey: 125/345
    GlobalTestMarket: 260/1000

Hoping for more good luck~!
  • Olliegami
    Options
    Well, things have been officially turned upside down!

I was 'kicked out' of the home I've been working as an Au Pair in pretty much overnight on Saturday. So now I'm headed to Melbourne to try and get somewhere populated and happy! I'm pretty excited. I've managed to have a lovely long talk to my Mum about the people I was staying with and now I'm in a much better place and ready to move forward.

It means a lot of spending, on the flight - and a hostel until I can go to stay with a friend, but I think it's for the best???? Lots more opportunities in the city (and opportunities to spend, but I will do my best to avoid those) so I'm going to see if I can get a job, and save up as much as possible. Luckily, I have an amazing support system in the form of my friends and they've been so helpful and open and generally, just wonderful.

Looking forward to the next step of my adventure, and I suppose until I'm working again the debt busting will be on the back burner for a bit. Not that I won't try hard not to spend any more than I need to. I think staying in a hostel over a hotel will help in a lot of ways. =D

Hope you're all well. xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport