DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question..

Who has got a default from bc?

And was it done without intervention from the fos...

Love Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • livingindreamland
    Options
    as my payments to BC are small - less than 1% they have sent me the 'we will sell you children into slavery unless you pay us money you don't have' default letter, and then three months later, a letter apologising for not putting a default on my file and promised to rectify it. Still waiting to see if they have a noodle can be a month or two behind!
  • schmalf
    schmalf Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All - hope everyone is well and hi to all the DMP newbies. Sorry I haven't posted for yonks, but been keeping an eye on stuff, as some of you know I am a "secret" DMPer so don't have too much opportunity to post - just a quick lurk!
    Anyway, need some advice - Puzz you might be able to help, think the same thing happened to you. All trundling along nicely with the DMP, just done my years review, financially no change, then today got my Barclaycard statement, still showing no interest etc, but with a different monthly payment requested - up to £87 from £31??? Not had any other contact with them other than the monthly statement. Ive emailed Stepchange for advice and will probably ring Bcard on Monday, but before I do has anyone got experience of this with them and did you manag to get it sorted out?
    Many thanks everyone
    Love Schmalf xx
    LBM october 2013
    DMP started 01/02/14
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    schmalf wrote: »
    Hi All - hope everyone is well and hi to all the DMP newbies. Sorry I haven't posted for yonks, but been keeping an eye on stuff, as some of you know I am a "secret" DMPer so don't have too much opportunity to post - just a quick lurk!
    Anyway, need some advice - Puzz you might be able to help, think the same thing happened to you. All trundling along nicely with the DMP, just done my years review, financially no change, then today got my Barclaycard statement, still showing no interest etc, but with a different monthly payment requested - up to £87 from £31??? Not had any other contact with them other than the monthly statement. Ive emailed Stepchange for advice and will probably ring Bcard on Monday, but before I do has anyone got experience of this with them and did you manag to get it sorted out?
    Many thanks everyone
    Love Schmalf xx

Hi Schmalf, lovely to see you..

yep I have been having dealings with BC.. they are a hopeless bunch of .... basically..

dmp running for a year.. letter received in septemebr saying they need new i & e etc as plan coming to an end. So I contacted sc and they said they will send, I rang BC and confirmed SC will send.. The next month like you I have a statement with a huge minimum payment.. I went online and messaged BC. They said don't worry about it, no interest etc we will carry on as long as I keep paying..
    This month another statement with a big minimum and now instead of payment plan it says account in arrears..
    So I ring BC.. spoke to a bit of a *nobhead... who says your plan has changed you are now on a 6 month plan.. but it doesn't say plan anywhere just in arrears.. I ask him to define my plan as it doesn't say plan, he says we have written to sc with the details.... don't worry blah blah.. now doing some reading it seems that if your in arrears they don't have to default you unlike on a plan they should within 6 months.. so I'm guessing they are playing silly wotsits to avoid the FOS saying they must do defaults rather than AP's..

Hence my request yesterday whether anyone actually has been defaulted by BC....

Clear as mud... but as long as no interest or charges I will plod on for now...!!!

He did kindly tell me my credit rating will be affected.. like I don't know that..:rotfl:

Hope some of that makes sense...

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • dallas85
    Options
    Hello DMPers
    It's been a few months since I last posted on here but thanks to this forum, I am now safely on a DMP with SC and well on my way to being debt free.
    I was very scared and anxious at the beginning and it has been a bit belt and braces managing without credit after 10 years of abusing it, but I am more determined than ever to spend 2015 getting out of debt and then carrying on with my life debt-free.
    It's great to read about Antonic being DF and all of you others on the way, very encouraging!

Thanks for all of your advice,

dallas
  • Florida15
    Options
    hi,can anyone help please, one year into a dmp with stepchange. Last months statement from barclaycard showed a higher monthly payment was asked for. I rang stepchange and they said not to worry and they would send them something. However, today we have received this months statement and the payment needed is even higher as they didn't receive what they asked for last month.

Is this something to stress about?

Thanks for any replies
  • Puzzcat
    edited 6 December 2014 at 11:54PM
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Schmalf, lovely to see you..

yep I have been having dealings with BC.. they are a hopeless bunch of .... basically..

dmp running for a year.. letter received in septemebr saying they need new i & e etc as plan coming to an end. So I contacted sc and they said they will send, I rang BC and confirmed SC will send.. The next month like you I have a statement with a huge minimum payment.. I went online and messaged BC. They said don't worry about it, no interest etc we will carry on as long as I keep paying..
    This month another statement with a big minimum and now instead of payment plan it says account in arrears..
    So I ring BC.. spoke to a bit of a *nobhead... who says your plan has changed you are now on a 6 month plan.. but it doesn't say plan anywhere just in arrears.. I ask him to define my plan as it doesn't say plan, he says we have written to sc with the details.... don't worry blah blah.. now doing some reading it seems that if your in arrears they don't have to default you unlike on a plan they should within 6 months.. so I'm guessing they are playing silly wotsits to avoid the FOS saying they must do defaults rather than AP's..

Hence my request yesterday whether anyone actually has been defaulted by BC....

Clear as mud... but as long as no interest or charges I will plod on for now...!!!

He did kindly tell me my credit rating will be affected.. like I don't know that..:rotfl:

Hope some of that makes sense...

Puzz. x
    Florida15 wrote: »
    hi,can anyone help please, one year into a dmp with stepchange. Last months statement from barclaycard showed a higher monthly payment was asked for. I rang stepchange and they said not to worry and they would send them something. However, today we have received this months statement and the payment needed is even higher as they didn't receive what they asked for last month.

Is this something to stress about?

Thanks for any replies
    Please read the posts above.....
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Florida15
    Options
    Thank you puzz
  • thehistorygirl
    Options
    Not posted for a long while, but am now nearly a year into my DMP with Payplan. Most of my creditors have accepted my payments all except Barclaycard. Having read back through the thread it would seem that they are notorious for being particularly difficult. Anyway, I had my monthly statement today and I am incensed with them. Not only have they applied a late payment charge, which I am totally at a loss to understand why as the Payplan payment goes out at the same time every month, they have received it and not charged before. My payplan payment leaves my account on the 20th, but looking back at my statement it seems that in Nov, Payplan didn't receive it until the 25th. The BC payment is due on the 31st so I am assuming that it was late being paid by Payplan. They have also started charging interest again, the b*****ds! Not sure who to get angry with first - Payplan for the late payment or BC for the £12 charge. I also wonder if its worth writing a snotty letter complaining about the interest and threatening the FOC? The debt with BC was less than £300, now its back up to £340.
    LBM 7th Jan 2014
    Debt Jan 14 £5443
    Debt Mar 15 £4734
    Debt Dec 2017 £2233 less £393.25 Plevin payment £1870
    Debt Jun 19 £385.55
    DFD Aug 19. Final Plevin payout and last PayPlan payment
  • phoenixx
    phoenixx Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in same position as you thg. Barclaycard debt going up on DMP despite phone calls; letters; SC contact etc. They are, in my opinion, profiting from those in financial difficulty. Not entirely sure why they are getting away with it.

SC (and I imagine other DMP providers) always pay creditors on 25th and creditors know this! They should not be slapping late payment charges on your account. It is shameless profiteering.
    DMP since August 2011
    DFD January 2018 hopefully sooner :j
    Debt at start: £98769:eek:
    Debt now: £24993:o
    Paid back: £73776 :j
    Taking it one day at a time:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income