DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Options

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Rooster01 wrote: »
    Just got a nice surprise from Wonga.....Was on an AP but just received email to inform me I don't owe them anything and my account is now closed. I did owe them £180.00!

Great news Rooster :j
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Rooster01
    Options
    Great news Rooster :j

I actually feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've managed to contact 8 out of 10 creditors and they have all been very supportive. i felt sorry for the guy i spoke with at Nationwide. I was so fixated on CCJ and Charging Orders. He politely told me not to worry and that they have no reason whatsoever to take me to court due to the fact I am still paying them regardless of the fact it's on AP. Barclaycard were so nice I nearly fell off my chair and also Quickquid
    and Aqua.....

I can sleep......Well for now!
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Rooster01 wrote: »
    I actually feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've managed to contact 8 out of 10 creditors and they have all been very supportive. i felt sorry for the guy i spoke with at Nationwide. I was so fixated on CCJ and Charging Orders. He politely told me not to worry and that they have no reason whatsoever to take me to court due to the fact I am still paying them regardless of the fact it's on AP. Barclaycard were so nice I nearly fell off my chair and also Quickquid
    and Aqua.....

I can sleep......Well for now!

Thanks for posting this Rooster, you may be realising that we have a lot of lurkers (welcome guys - not a problem) without the confidence to post here, who you will have helped massively by posting about your experiences.

Overall creditors generally seem to play nice and are much less scary when you feel you can speak to them, so good for you, probably saved yourself a few 'when are you paying us calls'.

Even when DMP is set up you might still get calls even if you have phoned/written/let SC contact creditors. In my experience it's better to call them and re-iterate DMP and ref number etc, sometimes it just takes a while for the DMP message to get to the right department.

Lots of newbies on the thread at the moment :T:T welcome aboard, and have a great debt busting day.
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Sowwweee :(

That said, people often come on here with different experiences so there is a good chance that someone else has had a different experience so don't give up hope!

MB of G xxx (Aka. Monkers ;))

Monkers :rotfl: how you doing ?
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • SquirrelNuts
    Options
    Another question for you kind and knowledgeable people...
    (I'm on a roll now! :))

I am already over my £500 overdraft limit on my Lloyds account by about £10 due to me only paying £1 into the account last month, and since then interest and a overdraft monthly fee has been added. The overdraft is going into the DMP.

So.. what will happen next with it?
    • Does the account keep on racking up charges - which I believe is £5 a day plus interest with Lloyds! (I have already written to them asking for interest and charges to be stopped, and obviously want to keep costs to a minimum)
    • Does the overdraft get cancelled leaving the account massively overlimit, or is it left in place whilst it is paid down?
    • Is the current account kept open or closed (I prefer closed as wont be using it any more)?
    cheers

The Squiz
    LBM - Nov 2014 DMP Started - Feb 2015: £37,351
    Updated 14/06/15: Balance Now £35,907 DFD: Mar 2024
    3.86% paid off. 14/15 Creditors remaining
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options

I am already over my £500 overdraft limit on my Lloyds account by about £10 due to me only paying £1 into the account last month, and since then interest and a overdraft monthly fee has been added. The overdraft is going into the DMP.

• Does the account keep on racking up charges - which I believe is £5 a day plus interest with Lloyds! (I have already written to them asking for interest and charges to be stopped, and obviously want to keep costs to a minimum)
    • Does the overdraft get cancelled leaving the account massively overlimit, or is it left in place whilst it is paid down?
    • Is the current account kept open or closed (I prefer closed as wont be using it any more)?
    cheers

The Squiz

If its anything like my overdraft at natw*st, they will close the account and the overdraft will just become another debt on its own. Unfortunately they do tend to load on charges and interest at first but as soon as dmp is all in place this should settle down and the debt start to decrease.. just how we like it...!
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Time_to_face_the_music Posts: 5,454 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 4 December 2014 at 6:02PM
    Options

cheers

The Squiz

Lloyds generally don't close current accounts with overdrafts but they do reduce it as the debt decreases.

Ask Lloyds to default you. They will resist and tell you it's a bad thing but if you insist they will eventually do it.

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • SquirrelNuts
    SquirrelNuts Posts: 131 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2014 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    If its anything like my overdraft at natw*st, they will close the account and the overdraft will just become another debt on its own. Unfortunately they do tend to load on charges and interest at first but as soon as dmp is all in place this should settle down and the debt start to decrease.. just how we like it...!
    Puzz. x

Right ok - sounds like I just need to ride it through then...

Out of interest how long did it take for the account to get closed down?
    Ask Lloyds to default you. They will resist and tell you it's a bad thing but if you insist they will eventually do it.

TTFTM x

Asking for a Default!! I like your style... :rotfl:

I may well give Lloyds Collections a call in the morning and ask for that to happen!
    LBM - Nov 2014 DMP Started - Feb 2015: £37,351
    Updated 14/06/15: Balance Now £35,907 DFD: Mar 2024
    3.86% paid off. 14/15 Creditors remaining
  • Rooster01
    Options
    Just received an email from Very/Littlewoods.....Both accounts have now been passed onto NDR (National Debt Recovery). I've heard they are an absolute nightmare to deal with?
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone remind me what it's good to get a default please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure