PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Friday 30th May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Can't think of much good to write this morning so will keep it brief and hope something nice happens later!

Hilstep - am so glad it went better than you anticipated, enjoy the full fat treats, you deserve them x

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a lovely day

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    TTFM, I hope something nice happens for you sometime today. Hugs to Hilly & Molly, LW have fun with Jesse.
    Hooray the dress is finished, I altered the cape y'day after DGD had tried it on, so now I will finish the other 2 dresses. DGD was entranced by the dress & would have slept in it given the chance.
    Very early start here this morning, DGS has strict instructions that he is not allowed out of his bedroom until 6am, he knocked on my door at 6.01, unfortunately due to a clock malfunction it was 5 am!!!
    I shall need a Nana nap later as we are going out tonight.
    The DGC are being collected around 11ish, food shop being delivered between 12 & 1, then we need to shop for a foodie birthday gift & go to the aquatic shop to buy water for the fish tank, it's going to be a busy day.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning [/FONT]:hello:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lovely photos Judi :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]hilstep I'm glad yesterday was OK for you xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The sun came out after lunch but I couldn't be bothered to move. I managed to pour myself a nice glass of elderflower champagne though :D The rain started again at tea time and hammered down all evening. It's very dull and grey this morning.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mr tru is working today – he's swapped his day off for monday – so no shopping this morning. He wants to go on monday instead but I'm hoping to miss it out altogether and just pop to the local shop for bread and milk when we need it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm feeling a bit blah this morning, I have no energy at all. I'll just potter about today and hope tomorrow is better.[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :j

Today is the big day for hubby. We were up at 4.30 so he could have a last drink of black coffee before showering and getting ready for his operation. I will be copying Hester and having a nanna nap too before the day is out! My eldest DD will be arriving any minute to take him to the hospital and all I have to do is wait to hear from him when it is over. My DD's are a bit anxious but I feel sure it will all go swimmingly.

I will be cleaning the house today and nagging the girls to get their laundry done before school starts on Monday. It bothers me that they all leave it till the last minute but I won't do it for them as they have to be accountable....I can't tell you how many times there has been frantic tumble drying on a Monday morning ...you would think they would learn!

The spanish chicken was a huge hit last night with clean plates all round, just tuna pasta tonight, nice and easy. Might make a few cakes to fill up the tins. Have a large Tesco order coming this morning as well.

Hope you all manage to have a nice day whatever you are doing, take care xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Dumpling good luck to your DH hope all goes well, do you have a recipe for your Spanish chicken ? sounds lush !

Off to work today at the other site so it should be quiet, its been manic all week with the children being off, so it will be nice to have a more quiet end to the week.

Chilli and rice for dinner looking forward to that (especially as OH normally cooks it !)

I don't know if you remember the chap over the road last year tragically hanging himself ? well the new people have been in there a few months and the chap came over yesterday to say that they were moving, they swear its haunted and they are all terrified :eek: I am not sure I believe in ghosts and all that but it makes you think eh ? But I do feel fo the new family they spent a fortune decorating the house and just cant settle.

Right better get on, have good days all xx

Hilstep hope you are ok x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning all, very grey here at the moment and not looking very nice at all.I was hoping to take the boys to Greenwich today but I'll have to wait and see how the weather goes.My Dds little Jack Russell developed a large wart-like growth on her muzzle and DD had to take her to the vets.He has given her some tablets (£70 !!!)and hopefully it may help.She doesn't seem to be in pain at all but an op. will cost £400.00 (for a biopsy) and further treatment would be very expensive.So its fingers crossed for little Lexi.DD is very worried obviously as she is devoted to her little pal.She has also got a rescue dog called Ollie who is about 12 and both dogs are part of the family.

Try not to stress too much dumpling,my son-in-law had a hernia op a couple of months ago and although the Dr signed him off sick for three weeks he was back at work after a week and said he has never felt so good now its been sorted.Recovery is pretty good in most cases.
    Well another month gone and almost mid-summer (where's the sun got too ???) Looking out of the window it looks more like mid winter ,although its not cold just very grey .
    Talking of looking out of the window I did at one point in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the loo and strolling up the middle of the road at 3.15.a.m. was a badger !!! not a common sight at the best of times good job it was that time of the day as it can get quite busy in my road at times as its used as a rat-run to avoid traffic lights in the centre of Rainham :):):)
    Oh well enough of the blethering, time to have a shower and some breakfast methinks
    Hope you all have a smashing day (last one of half-term ) and if you're lucky may the sun shine down on you
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, dry underfoot and not raining at the moment, we’ll see what happens later. Sun has just come out I wonder for how long?
    DH up and gone to work stupid early. Boys still in their pits.
    Dinner last night was fish, chips, beans and salad for the menfolk, I had fish, jacket potato and veg. Tonight I think will be chicken and ham kievs, new pots and salad for the menfolk. I’m meeting my bestie friend for lunch so may not have dinner tonight or will just have a bowl of salad, depends what I have for lunch.

Yesterday was spent washing, drying and ironing – I was absolutely shattered last night – the WM and TD were on continuously all day and it all needed to be ironed – there’s a small amount left as I ran out of time, but will get that sorted today or if not, tomorrow. I have the normal chores to do today, I’ll be heading to town to the bank shortly, then to collect my work trousers from the seamstress, then food shopping and home to put it all away – that’s the bit I hate most! Friend is coming here lunchtime and we’ll walk to the pub just up the road in the village as they do lovely good value food, looking forward to a good catch up as haven’t seen her since Xmas, this was the first mutually convenient date we could get together.

DH is working tomorrow morning and then we have some jobs to do, we need to take several items back to the caravan so we’re ready to go away next weekend. We have a few jobs to do in the garden too, I need to go and buy some more compost and another pot of some kind – as we have plants that need planting out from trays in the greenhouse – we’re going to be busy.

Have a good Friday everyone x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

HH I think you will need a nana nap! Sounds like the dress is a huge success.
    Dumpling - Hope DH gets on ok.
    LW - Enjoy your new visitor.
    TTFTM - I hope the day picks up for you.
    JackieO - Hope the little dog recovers quickly.

Lovely weather here, just hung out 3 loads of washing and the midges are out and biting already! Good job I am going in the shower in a mo.

DS2 cooked chicken burritos for tea last night (the left over bean stew was resurected!), it was lovely. I haven't cooked all week which is great.
    Not much else to report, hope you all have a good Friday. Take care. XX
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All!
    Busy day yesterday and didn't get chance to post but I have caught up :)
    hillstep - glad it went OK yesterday!! A licence to eat cream camera yum yum!

Bit overcast here but dry so hope it stays dry or brightens up.
    Really quick one from me today as lots to do, makeup & nails for my cousin as she is off to a wedding, cottage to clean, office paperwork to do, quick clean at home, wages to do after 4pm and in to the evening and need to pack as we are off to Harrogate for the weekend and I don't so travelling light - much to OH's dismay :rotfl:

dumpling - hope all goes well for your DH today!

Sorry to anyone I have missed, brain not clicking full yet!
    Hugs & happy vibes to all who want/in need!
    Will try and pop back later to catch up!
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning everyone, grey and damp again this morning, I find myself thinking 'will this EVER end?' good job we've still got an old but still functioning floor standing boiler in the utility room as it lets me dry washing indoors . When we first came here I got He Who Knows to put up a bar just below ceiling level going right across the room from wall to wall and I hang clothes on hangers from this and they normally dry in 24 hours. I would love to be able to hang things outside but in all this murkiness, no chance.

He Who Knows is up with DD1 again today so I'm on my own with the lurcha so we'll be off for walkies in a few minutes, then some housework and wash the floors I think. I'll go and do some work in the polytunnel and greenhouse this afternoon and shove a hoe through the outside beds in the garden as long as it's not actually raining.

JACKIE I'm originally from Rainham!!! it was a smallish village when I lived there many years ago I haven't been back for 30 odd years I suspect I'd not know it now!

Have a good day all, Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport