PPI Advice please - letter from lloyds !

Hi All

Received letter today, from Lloyds letter says it requires careful consideration as it contains details about the sale of your protection insurance, it states we are writing to you as you took out payment protection on the above loan(s) policy number on top of the letter. I wrote to them about 8 months ago stating I had loans many years ago I can remember having PPI on them but have no clue what date or how much loan was for !
Also enclosed with the letter is a PPI questionnaire asking info of dates/employment/sick pay etc I cant remember !
It states in the letter I have to reply by 10th June 2014.
Also within the letter it says we are writing to you as we have found that some customers who took out policies similar to yours suffered financial loss, which was very often not trivial, although we have not reviewed the sale of your particular PPI
policy this may mean that policy noted was mis-sold and may not be suitable for you.
Sorry to ramble on but where do I go from here, this has turned up out of the blue and I don't know what to do next !
Any advice greatly appreciated & thank you for reading x

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Fill in the form and send it back. If you can't remember anything, say you can't remember.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry to ramble on but where do I go from here, this has turned up out of the blue and I don't know what to do next !

The CCL you have received is an invite to complain if you feel you have been mis-sold. if you feel you were then you answer as best you can and state you dont know where you dont.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • LizJingle
    LizJingle Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi - I also had this letter from Lloyds. Filled in the questionnaire and made my complaint specifically relating to 4 personal loans (all single premium ppi) that were consolidated as part of a chain. Do I have a chance of getting complaint upheld? Many thanks
  • -taff
    It's more probable than not.
  • LizJingle
    edited 29 May 2014 at 8:19PM
    Thanks Taff! I have researched like a demon to put my misselling complaint together. Until I looked into it, I thought miss-selling ONLY applied to people who were self-employed or retired... Clearly this isn't the case. I could only really clearly remember 2 instances of aggressive selling in branch so I have made that clear and not lied on my form. I went for the front-loaded / consolidation argument - I obviously don't want to get my hopes up though!
  • -taff
    good luck :)
  • LizJingle
    And just a side note - the dedication of forumers such as yourself is truly inspirational! Regardless of whether or not my complaint is upheld; you guys have helped so many people in times of abject worry, confusion and despair. You are all amazing!
  • Insider101
    Insider101 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    LizJingle wrote: »
    Thanks Taff! I have researched like a demon to put my misselling complaint together. Until I looked into it, I thought miss-selling ONLY applied to people who were self-employed or retired... Clearly this isn't the case. I could only really clearly remember 2 instances of aggressive selling in branch so I have made that clear and not lied on my form. I went for the front-loaded / consolidation argument - I obviously don't want to get my hopes up though!

Should think you will get at least comparative redress maybe the full thing. Misselling basically applies to anyone who was given poor advice or not properly informed about the product and its features. Aggressive selling is a contentious one, they are allowed to promote the product and its benefits as long as they also fairly advise you of any drawbacks relative to you. It's just whether they overstepped the mark or actually misinformed you about the product.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The letter is just an invitation to complain. It indicates no odds of success. The only criteria is that you had PPI. However, most loan PPI complaints do succeed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • kiasoul28 wrote: »
    Hi All

Received letter today, from Lloyds letter says it requires careful consideration as it contains details about the sale of your protection insurance, it states we are writing to you as you took out payment protection on the above loan(s) policy number on top of the letter. I wrote to them about 8 months ago stating I had loans many years ago I can remember having PPI on them but have no clue what date or how much loan was for !
    Also enclosed with the letter is a PPI questionnaire asking info of dates/employment/sick pay etc I cant remember !
    It states in the letter I have to reply by 10th June 2014.
    Also within the letter it says we are writing to you as we have found that some customers who took out policies similar to yours suffered financial loss, which was very often not trivial, although we have not reviewed the sale of your particular PPI
    policy this may mean that policy noted was mis-sold and may not be suitable for you.
    Any advice greatly appreciated & thank you for reading x
    can i ask how this turned out, successfully claimed PPI from Lloyds last year, thought they had looked at all loans but got the same letter as this last week asking me to fill in questionnaire, thought at first it was just a round robin letter but noticed a policy number, when I rang they confirmed a claim had never been made on that particular policy so heres hoping
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure