Plusnet Market 2/3 Help

Options
I have just logged on to our Plusnet account after our bill has increased over the last few months.

It has Market 2/3 on it.

I have tried to make sense of what it all means, but i am very simple minded.

I need someone who can explain it to me in very simple english, almost like you'd explain it to a toddler.

I just want to make sure they haven't been overcharging me for the last few months.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Robstones01

Comments

• kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your price can't have gone up due to a reclassifiction of your exchange. If it's gone from M1 to M2 or M3 then the price would come down.
    What market was your exchange previously?
    M1 simply means that BT are the only wholesale provider-no LLU services are available.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • robstones01
    Options
    I tried to make sense of it on the Plusnet site, but was confused.

My price has gone up by about £10 which is why it stood out on my bills.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's more likely the end of some discounted deal that has now expired at the end of your minimum term? You need to ask PN-and then renegotiate another discount in return for a new minimum term.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • rufydoofyM
    rufydoofyM Posts: 545 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My deal is just coming to an end and so I rang plusnet sales to get another deal. At first I was told that online offers were for "new customers only". Then as I had a little moan I was offered unlimited broadband for £6.49 instead of 9.99. The person I spoke to wasn't very helpful so I called the number to cancel which puts you through to retentions and cancellations. This time the person was helpful and got the online deal authorised for £3.49 a month for unlimited broadband . I have also paid a years line rental upfront making a further saving. After June 10th the line rental jumps up and the yearly upfront cost goes up by £24 !!! I only found out about this price increase by chance and it wasn't mentioned by any of the plusnet staff.

Hope this helps someone.
  • eljmayes
    eljmayes Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TalkTalk have recently entered our exchange (the only LLU to do so) but it's still classified as Market 1/A- how often do they update the market classification?
  • dingdong3000
    dingdong3000 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rufydoofyM wrote: »
    I have also paid a years line rental upfront making a further saving. After June 10th the line rental jumps up and the yearly upfront cost goes up by £24 !!! I only found out about this price increase by chance and it wasn't mentioned by any of the plusnet staff.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for heads up! my line rental expires in two months but they've sent a notice to renew so i'll definitely be doing that next week.

I know so many people been offered low prices when renewing but i wasn't thinking properly and thought the 5.99 for 24M was ok. I'm on Market 3 as well so should have got a better deal :(

Only renewed couple weeks ago so not sure if I can change the contract again.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2014 at 8:57PM
    Options
    eljmayes wrote: »
    TalkTalk have recently entered our exchange (the only LLU to do so) but it's still classified as Market 1/A- how often do they update the market classification?
    I think the next is due in July this year. Changing, apparently, from 1, 2 and 3 to A and B.
    My exchange has had 2 x LLU services for a couple of years now but it's still Market 1. Changing to Market B when it happens.
    http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/review-wba-markets/
    Click on "review summary" and scroll down to 1.18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family