Cheapest Sky TV package

Options
I am with sky phone and broadband and currently pay £26.50 as unlimited broadband and free evenings and weekend calls.

I am wanting to get the cheapest tv package and was trying to work it out on their website but I keep on getting confused.

do sky charge a one off fee for the SKY Box, it says free installation which is good.

I can see the Original Bundle is £21.50 which would take my monthly payment to £44.40

is there anything else we need to consider before ordering
Blessed on 18th February 2014 at 0814 with little Sarah xxx

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 24 May 2014 at 6:55PM
    Options
    have you had sky TV before .If you are new to the sky TV I would expect a discount around 50% . Are you tied to the phone BB package .I phoned sky last week to cancel my TV package and they offered me free BB for a year .Tesco are offering free BB with their phone package . worth a haggle on that .

Sky do give a discount on the BB if you take the TV package
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • 1trainer1
    1trainer1 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Old_Git wrote: »
    have you had sky TV before .If you are new to the sky TV I would expect a discount around 50% . Are you tied to the phone BB package .I phoned sky last week to cancel my TV package and they offered me free BB for a year .Tesco are offering free BB with their phone package . worth a haggle on that .

Sky do give a discount on the BB if you take the TV package

Never had sky before, had phone and BB with them for the last two years but always had freeview so no dish.

what is the best phone numebr to call them on and I will see what I can get out of them
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The ContactNumber.co telephone number for Sky Customer services is 0843 308 1984 should you ring this number you will be put straight through to the Sky Customer services staff who will be able to assist you with your enquiry.

If you dont like the deal they offer tell them you have to discuss it with husband /wife /dog , and you have to see what talk talk or BT vision can offer .

Then phone back in a couple off days and see what they offer .

let us know how you get on
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • 1trainer1
    1trainer1 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I phoned sky today morning and agreed on the variety bundle for £35 a month with free installation and set up costs so I'm pretty happy...

Would of cost £27 extra a month on top of my £26.50 if I did it online, so £53.50 with cash back and all the rest just seemed less hassle to get it done over the phone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport