PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OLD STYLE DAILY - Wednesday May 21st 2014

Options
Molly41
Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 21 May 2014 at 2:07AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Wednesday 21st May. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Im overwhelmed by the kindness and thank you to you all who wrote supportive words from the heart x

I will be going back in to hospital to have a revision (another op) but hopeful because my symptoms receded for 3 weeks so something has gone wrong or blocked. This means that the original issue was sorted if only for a few weeks :T

We dashed back from London to collect Mum who was discharged but with a good care package in place and Dad is in respite for a few days yet so not so worried now.

OS - absolutely none except I threw away the dirtiest dishcloth at my mums - it was past even a boil wash!

It was lovely to see new faces - please join us more often xxxxx
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,051 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2014 at 7:46AM
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Molly, all I can offer is the same heartfelt comments as everyone yesterday. Please don't beat yourself up as all this is outside your control. Take time for yourself.

Today it's still grey outside. I've been away for a couple of days on business and have enjoyed driving through the countryside in sunshine.

Yesterday bought a garden fork! Stood and dithered for ages in front of a huge array of different forks and then just plumped for the 'essential' one.

Off to work now with by bag of three lunches for the rest of the week. Hope that everyone has a good day, a better day or a best day.
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning Molly and Gers and all who follow :)

Molly - it was wonderful to see the support for you yesterday, so many people care and want to see you come through this. We KNOW you can do it but you must get your own health sorted out and am very glad to hear that will be happening soon. Please take care of yourself and keep writing here, it's good for you to get it out of your system x

My life is total chaos at the moment and I wanted to commit murder yesterday but today is another day!

DH's pay day today so our debt took a dive and is now under £23,000. Had hoped for more but the money is needed elsewhere so onwards for next month.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Molly – sounds like you’re much calmer and happier this morning, big hugs x

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, sun trying to peek out from behind lots of cloud but there’s some blue sky too. Washing to go on the line shortly.

Dinner last night was spag bol, tonight will be a quick tea of chicken and ham kievs, chips, beans and salad for the menfolk, and mushroom omelette and salad for me.

Online order arrived last night – everything arrived in the order and nothing was replaced – so now have a house full of stuff to take away with us tomorrow – not sure where our clothes and personal stuff is going to go – but we’ll find room I’m sure, pleased the boys are not coming with us as we’d not be able to get everything packed in the car!
    Work wasn’t too bad yesterday – not as busy as Monday – so I managed to catch up with everything that I needed to. Today I’m only working until lunch, I have a training session this morning then after that just the normal work – on the way home I’ll stop off and collect a 2 dine for £10 meal at the SM for tomorrow nights’ dinner and I have other stuff to take already. Will be doing the normal chores later too and I need to iron the last few clothes needed and pack our bag.

I have a nail appointment at 3pm, I’m now thinking it wasn’t such a good idea as It’s going to leave me without much time to get sorted but it’s too late to cancel and my nails are a real mess and desperately need doing – so if I can get going with jobs once I get in from work before going and maybe do some bits this morning before work as I’m up early I should be ok – luckily several of my outfits are new so are already pressed and ready to wear so just need to get them packed.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Molly, glad you are feeling more positive. LW, hope you are ok. Hugs t anyone else in need, I have brain fog.
    I'm not sleeping well, another appraisal on Thursday, it's weighing on my mind.
    I've done some sewing alterations for a colleague, I didn't want payment & said I'd settle for a small bag of malteasers, she bought my a huge box, no good for my figure, but good for the soul.
    Fish fed, mad dog has had her morning constitutional, she & I have had porridge, hubby has a cuppa, packups made.
    Time I plastered a smile on my face & set off for work.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

A lovely morning here at the moment, so WM on, I have had coffee and breakfast and Himself is about to have his. We are off to DD1 later to do the hoovering and give her bathroom a good going over. DD had a very serious operation on her leg some while ago, but is still on 2 crutches and although she is now able to do much more for herself she is limited still, it is just a matter of time.

Molly you sound a little more positive this morning. I am sorry you have to go back into hospital, but I do so hope you will be well after the op, You must look after yourself, and I know it is easy to say, but not always to do, but try not to get too stressed.

TTFTM I can't imagine how stressful life is with your DDs illness. I have no experience of this but I send you hugs and hope things calm down a little.

Jackie, hope you are well and enjoying being mobile again.

Have a good day everyone

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Molly, what was I saying yesterday about things working out? So glad your not as stressed today and that the visit to your consultant went well.

I didn't sleep well last night. I'd got stuff floating around in my head. I woke up a few times too. At 5.30 Millie dog needed to go out and I gave up the idea of going back to bed. 'Youngests' bed was stripped whilst he was in the shower and now hubby is at work ive stripped our bed too..... Keep busy I tell myself and surround myself with noise. Music will be blaring today.

I haven't got a clue whats happening to my body. After an absence of periods for 14 months ive had a period. This happened to me before but I had an absence of 13 months the last time. I ought to celebrate having some eggs left (even if they are dried up and wrinkly as the rest of me).:rotfl:

Just bits and pieces to do today and the ritualistic vacuum throughout. Need to keep an eye on Lucy dog today. She fell down the stairs last night. Well half way down them anyway. She seemed ok last night and appreciated lots of fuss but i'll keep an eye on her anyway.

Tea....after last nights culinary disaster, I think i'll put a bit more thought and effort into it.:D

Onwards and forwards,
    have a great day all.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Molly - Big hugs to you, such a lot to take in at once. Hopefully things will get sorted soon. Your Dad is in a safe place and being looked after. I hope someone is looking after you too. So heartening to see all the support you have - well done MSE.

Yesterday's weather wasn't too bad all day, just rained about 7pm, still overcast and damp. Hoping it will clear up as I brought all my summer clothes down from the loft last night and they need a wash. I've done one load and put it all on the airers but would be so much easier to put it all outside. If it clears up DD can do it today.

DS2 is coming home today, I think his travels may have come to an end (money is running out!). I think the money he does have left he will have to keep for living till he finds a job. It will be good to see him and DD is quite excited to have him staying here for a while.

Not much else happening - last day with the children today for a few days, it's in-service tomorrow and then a long weekend.

Hugs to anyone feeling down or poorly. Take care. XX
  • Ladyshopper
    Ladyshopper Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Molly I read yesterday but didn't post. Wanted to say sorry for everything you're going through at the moment, it sounds horrendous. Great news your op did work, albeit temporarily. Hopefully whatever has happened to stop it working they can fix.

I'm 6 weeks post op now (can't believe how fast time has gone), and unfortunately my bladder is not recovering how they'd like, and if am apparently unlike any other patient they've had! Since being home I've only left the house 3 times, all for medical appointments, and feel like a prisoner in my own home. Trying to stay positive, but it's difficult.

Anyway, will go back to lurking again now!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, lovely and sunny here this morning sadly not going to last though and we're forecast thundery downpours later this afternoon. Never mind I'll enjoy it while it's here!

MOLLY such good news that mum is home again and with better care in place, that should take some of the worries from you in the future and dad is definately in the best place to make sure he's looked after too. The biggest relief is that the medics are going to readmit you and try to sort out your own health problems, hopefully they'll be able to fix you properly this time and give you a much better quality of life with far less problems for you, hope it happens very quickly and that the outcome is 100% better for you, Lyn xxx.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :j

Good to see you posting again this morning Molly, I hope it all works out for you and your family x

I had a bad night's sleep again due to cramp. This time I had it in both legs at the same time. It's getting to be a real nuisance as it wakes me most nights. I suppose I shall have to go to the docs about it as I've tried eating bananas and upping my salt intake and it makes no difference.

Well, I've given up on Slimfast, that stuff is from the devil!! Seriously, I don't know what was in it but I've never felt so poorly and had too many close calls to get to the loo...TMI I know :D. I bit the bullet and went back to weightwatchers last night. My meeting had closed down so I had to go to another one but I didn't find it very friendly to be honest. Never mind, I suppose I'm not there to make friends though it would be nice if I could persuade someone to come with me. Anyway, I've signed up for a monthly pass so that's my latest get skinny plan :D:D.

OS wise, well I'm going to clean through this morning once I get my bottom away from the computer and I need to go shopping for tea. My friend is coming over today as well so I shall have some company which will be lovely. Hope you all have a great day, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure