Store card ppi query

Hi

I'm new to Mse and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I have called Santander as they took over the miss selfridges card that I had from Ge money. The account has been paid off and I was advised that I paid ppi from 2004-2008 on a limit of around £500.00. I have no paperwork to check any details but I am trying to get an idea of how much ppi I would get back from a claim to see if it's worthwhile perusing. Does anyone have any guidance?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Hi and welcome to the forum

For questions relating to PPI reclaims there is a dedicated section of the forum here - Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance

You may want to start with this article
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ange24 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm new to Mse and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I have called Santander as they took over the miss selfridges card that I had from Ge money. The account has been paid off and I was advised that I paid ppi from 2004-2008 on a limit of around £500.00. I have no paperwork to check any details but I am trying to get an idea of how much ppi I would get back from a claim to see if it's worthwhile perusing. Does anyone have any guidance?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well, you wouldn't pay PPI on a limit, you would pay PPI on a balance of money owed to them.

you don't just get PPI back just because you paid it, you don't make a claim, you make a complaint. Do you have any reason to complain, were you miss sold and do you have any proof to back this up.

You really need details from the company but if they have no details, (its a long time ago) and you don't, then its game over
    Im afraid.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Ange24
    Ange24 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thanks for the replies.

I have the account numbers, after reading the links I believe that I was mis sold ppi as the lady who did the application filled in the form and she ticked this option for me. I didn't have any discussions regarding what this was, I wouldn't have opted for this option. I was only 18 at the time and was offered 20% discount if I applied and naively thought I could manage the card.

I called Santander and they have the details as they told me that I have paid for 4 years.

Later when I was struggling to make payments a Santander advisor cancelled the ppi.

I don't have any proof that the store lady filled the application in, do I need anything else to progress the claim?

Thanks
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You could have actually cancelled the PPI at any time yourself in those 4 years. It would have been on the statement on a separate line as an extra charge. And was only cancelled when you were in difficulties.

All you can do is try and see what happens.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport