Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 August 2021 at 3:24PM
    Options
    In getting one what? Lenders will factor in your defaults when assessing you for credit.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hardquest said:
    I had couple of defaults more than 3 years ago, will that will have any affect on getting one? Thanks

Its possible yes but its also down to the lender to decide IF they will lend to you/offer a card and at what apr.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 August 2021 at 7:29PM
    Options
    having gone from Zero credit to over 19K  available, since Feb' 21
    I'm enjoying Experian's  Score Simulator.
    Wonder f I make it  to Excellent before 21'ends.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • ItsComingRome
    Options
    Dandytf said:
    having gone from Zero credit to over 19K  available, since Feb' 21
    I'm enjoying Experian's  Score Simulator.
    Wonder f I make it  to Excellent before 21'ends.
    Excellent chance of ending on another DMP?  Quite likely.
  • jonnym1985
    Options
    Hi, looking some advice please.

I moved to my partners house whilst our new build is being completed in order to save in bills and save more. I contacted BT to changeover my fibre broadband and they informed me they would cancel the talk talk line and we didn’t have to do anything else. Long story short, they had to install a new line for a different service therefore the talk talk line wasn’t cancelled and we had already cancelled the direct debit. 3 months of arrears and received a  red letter. We paid this and complained to BT who accepted responsibility and refunded the costs to my account. However, there are now missed payments on my partners credit file that was not her fault (as I say BT have accepted liability and resolved the issue)

is this worth raising a notice of correction on her credit report as we are now worried it will effect our mortgage application?

many thanks 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 September 2022 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Hi, looking some advice please.

I moved to my partners house whilst our new build is being completed in order to save in bills and save more. I contacted BT to changeover my fibre broadband and they informed me they would cancel the talk talk line and we didn’t have to do anything else. Long story short, they had to install a new line for a different service therefore the talk talk line wasn’t cancelled and we had already cancelled the direct debit. 3 months of arrears and received a  red letter. We paid this and complained to BT who accepted responsibility and refunded the costs to my account. However, there are now missed payments on my partners credit file that was not her fault (as I say BT have accepted liability and resolved the issue)

is this worth raising a notice of correction on her credit report as we are now worried it will effect our mortgage application?

many thanks 

The NOC won't mean anything, you need to get BT to remove them as the late payments so recently will look bad to lenders. You should complain to them formally
  • jonnym1985
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. It was Talk Talk who registered the late payments so we’ll get in touch with them. You’ve been a great help thank you again 
  • maydin
    maydin Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I also have Talk Talk late payment, which late payment  has affected my credit rating adversely, however even though that I am still their clients for 2-3 years, my credit rating is still affected. Can someone advise me what to do ?
  • MorningcoffeeIV
    Options
    Don't make any more late payments and don't look at your credit rating.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Seems to me that the question posed in the thread title could be answered in a similar way to this famous page from Len Shackleton's autobiography:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback