PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Tuesday 13th May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

More torrential rain and a brief, but very loud, thunderstorm in the night. Was heavy enough to set off car alarms so had a disturbed night's sleep and am suffering for it now.

Something with YS sausages for dinner, possibly Nigel Slater's sausage meatballs or maybe just big sausage butties if I am feeling lazy by the time I drag myself home.

busiscoming2 - I hope they managed to sort out DS's exam yesterday?

Hester - hope today is a better day, DH was only saying yesterday that he prefers not to tell me what his day is like because it just turns into a complete rant or moan or mixture of the 2. I think your workplaces are very similar :(

Butterfly Brain - hope you manage to get an appointment soon x

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning TTFTM and all who cross/follow.

I was just going to start you off, but spotted this, so have cleared mine so there will be no confusion.

Not sure why I have woken up early, not my norm. However, I am an hour ahead of you guys, so it is not that early IYKWIM. Had lovely welcome from Skye when I came downstairs, but she has gone back to sleep again now.

HH - Sounds like your place could not organise having a party in a place which makes beer YKWIM, Hope DD & the twins are doing OK, especially GDS.

BBrain - Hope you can sort the hospidille out, and they can get your hand(s) right.

Busy crochetting at the moment, and still trying to get my head around Spanish accounting (or lack of it). Will get a larger sat dish fitted today, so that we can watch UK TV again, it hasn't been too bad, but last couple of days, stuck with CBS Drama and Pick.

Went to a different L!dl out here, and found a great fish section, with sardine fillets (yeah! no bones) and swordfish steak very reasonable. Having salads again, so not much food prep. going on.

Had a little more cloud yesterday, which made it a bit muggy. Sorry to hear about your rain, I spoke to one of my neighbours and she was saying it was like turning a tap on.

((hugs)), spoons, positive vibes all round, grab a handful as you pass. Take care everyone. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    TTFM, I think most education environments are the same, we also put out an advert for support staff, the advert stated only excellent teachers need apply, funnily enough, we didn't get any applicants.
    I was up at 5 as I thought hubby asked for a glass of water, I must have dreamed it as he had a full glass & he would get his own water anyway.
    I'm working an extra 30mins every day to make up for my lost day and also because we are very busy & have a machine down.
    I finally got started on some more sewing last night & will hopefully do some more tonight & I need to vacuum through again tonight.
    I'm looking after DD's dog next week, it will be lovely to have her to stay & means I'll go for a walk every day.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

HH - You should write a book about your work place!
    Butterfly Brain - Hope your hand gets well soon.
    Busiscoming - What a shocking situation, hope all gets sorted soon.

Special hugs to Molly and LW, hope everyone is well.

Taken chicken out of the freezer for tea, DD has requested stir fry with rice noodles. Had salmon and loads of green veggies last night which was really lovely. Think I have cracked cooking the asparagus now so it isn't soggy! Chicken salad for lunch, DD has a day off so don't need to make her lunch.

No washing till later when I can make a full load, DW emptied and house not looking too bad.

I have started to paint a small chest of drawers I got for £10 and have seen the knobs I want for it but they are about £7 each! Still, it will look pretty when it's done I hope.

Going for a long walk up a steep hill tonight if it's not too wet, I huff and puff on the way up and moan on the way back as it hurts my knees (never happy!).

Take care. XX
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Sun was out, now clouding over. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny tho!:T

OT coming today about my bathroom. The shower/wet room has been approved and I've got the grant, she just needs to finalize some things.:T

Approved food order yesterday, very pleased.

Was taken out for lunch yesterday by my hairdresser for my birthday. Went to Merriments gardens, which is lovely. Ther is a plant centre there too so got my tomato plants at £1 each. Not worth growing them for that. Also I only need four, so seeds are a waste.

Faggots & peas for dinner.
    I've got a horrid cough and cold which needs to go!:mad:

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) for sad/poorly people.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, cloudy and overcast - forecast is for sunshine and showers later. Weather yesterday wasn’t too bad until lunchtime, but then we had several very heavy showers. Have a load of washing ready to go into the TD, need to use it as the dirty wash basket is already overflowing as had been washing a load and putting it out on line to dry – haven’t been able to do that for past week.

DH up and gone to work early, but not stupid early.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta with crème fraiche – clean bowls all round. Tonight will be fish, chips/jacket potato and beans/veg, must remember to buy a bag of frozen chips on the way home from work tonight.

Work yesterday wasn’t a manic Monday – we were either really busy or had no customers at all but just as well as a colleague had to go home due to a family issue so we were left a person short. We’ll see what today brings.

Have a few bits of household admin etc to do tonight – so will get going with them once we’ve had dinner etc.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester Congratulations! I saw the baby photos yesterday, gorgeous :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Not much going on here, just the same old housework, gardening, crochet :D Red has her last antibiotic shot tonight, here's hoping it's worked. I'll be able to tell in a few days. It's been difficult to judge because apart from waddling about slowly (because of her swollen tummy), she's been perfectly fine and chickeny.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been going through drawers and have thrown away loads of old bedding. We bought new because it needed replacing, it was faded, thin and quite tatty, so why on earth did I keep the old? It's gone now and I have lots of storage space for things we actually use :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The tax office hasn't sent master tru a tax return, he has to fill it in online or download it and print. Fine, except I don't know which one? I quickly narrowed it down to either the self assessment one or the short one, I use the short one for me so assume his is the same? (for turnover under £79,000). If it is, what's the point of the self assessment one? Why can't they just send him one, like they do for me? I have his numbers ready, do they want him to actually pay his tax or not? :D Why why why???!!!! :rotfl: I've already worked his tax out to the penny so I think he should just be able to do a bank transfer and be done with it :rotfl:[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Another quick one from me running late again, I actually have a day off today but need to take little dog to the vets, the lump on her leg has got massive recently and it started to bleed Saturday night, we went to the vet sunday and she has to go in for an op on her leg today to try and remove the lump. Unfortunatly there is a chance that she will lose the leg so please keep your fingers crossed for her, its like sending one of your children in for an op:o

Hugs to all in need xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RR - Fingers crossed here. XX
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Redruby, best wishes for little dog - it's horrible when they are suffering isn't it. We have now been dogless since last August for the first time in 34 years (well 56 years in my case as we always had a dog at home before I married), our first springer spaniel was a wedding present, and we still miss having one.

I went to the annual town meeting last night, it was well attended but what a lot of moaning minnies. Having been Town Clerk I know what it's like from the other side and I wouldn't like to go back.

Well I must go I have to take the car for its MOT.

Hairy Bikers cod wrapped in pancetta for dinner, cod from Ldl, first time I have bought ffresh fish from there so we'll see how it is.

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport