Can you help us make MSE even better? (We'll pay you £50…)

in Site Feedback
10 replies 2K views
We're working to make MoneySavingExpert.com easier to use, whether you use the site on a desktop, a tablet or a mobile
Read the full story:

Can you help us make MSE even better? (We'll pay you £50…)

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• mattytunmattytun Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Can you put another "0" on the end £500...:D
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an effective way to sneer at anyone who doesn't live in London. Well done MSE.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    whether you use the site on a desktop, a tablet or a mobile

You say this but in the article you specify that you must use the site using a smartphone, again very restrictive :(
  • edited 7 May 2014 at 9:20PM
    MandelbrotMandelbrot
    9.1K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 May 2014 at 9:20PM
    Is this the meeting of the 9th May, postponed for a week (lack of volunteers? insufficient preparation time?) or a second meeting?

Still doesn't say what time it is to be (they must think MSE site users have unlimited free time).
  • VT82VT82 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    torbrex wrote: »

You say this but in the article you specify that you must use the site using a smartphone, again very restrictive :(

I think it says you must have a smartphone that can access the internet. Don't think it says you have to have used it to read MSE.
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this been postponed from the 9th of May then? I would be interested if it is the evening of 9th May, but cannot make 16th.
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errata wrote: »
    What an effective way to sneer at anyone who doesn't live in London. Well done MSE.

Where does it say you have to live in London? I don't, and I've applied?
    torbrex wrote: »

No it doesn't. VT82 has clearly read the ad correctly - it says that you must OWN a smartphone that you use to access the internet.
    Mandelbrot wrote: »

Still doesn't say what time it is to be (they must think MSE site users have unlimited free time).

Have you asked? Possibly more constructive to ask a straight question via the email address they provide than to just snipe on the forum thread on the subject. :)

Seems some people are unclear on the point/nature of a focus group, and also on the meaning of the word "volunteers" - I for one think this is a great idea for MSE to move forward. Makes a nice change for a FREE to use site to actually be asking its users for input in this way too. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2022 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £53.92/£330 (Membership taken 24/1/22)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ 2022 Gym cost per use: at 27/5/22 £12.22 per visit! (27) 🏋🏻‍♀️

🇺🇦
  • torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    VT82 wrote: »
    I think it says you must have a smartphone that can access the internet. Don't think it says you have to have used it to read MSE.
    Thank you for highlighting my error :T 667c7ba9.gif

It is still restrictive in as much that ownership of a smartphone for accessing the internet is required.
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does it say you have to live in London? I don't, and I've applied?
    Nowhere, but reimbursement of travel costs to the tune of £50 excludes those living in much of the country who are keen to save money not spend it.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • zctlm35zctlm35 Forumite
    8 Posts
    Could be good to do a web or telephone-based meeting in future. I'm sure MSE will get lots of volunteers, but could get even more if it wasn't limited to people living in/able to get to certain parts of the country. People are probably more able to contribute if they don't have to spend time and money travelling. I know face to face is better for certain types of feedback, but a lot can be acheived without having people there in the flesh too.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals