downgrade plus compensation, help please questions

Options
Hi
On a recent flight with Thompson to Orlando the plane was switched and we had paid for Premium, but was downgraded Thompson have offered to refund part of the cost of one way for premium upon return, although haven't heard from them yet, I have a number on a letter they gave out upon boarding to call on return.

however the EU rules state I can claim back to 70% of the cost which is a lot more than what they will be offering.

How do I proceed?, do I mention the EU rules to them, if I take what they offer as a refund does it mean I cannot claim the rest?

also the plane was well over 5 hours late, so I plan to claim anyway can I claim compensation and the downgrade cost?

Do I just put it all in the same letter, I have the Thompson address but was unsure how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

:-)
5 kids..1 hubby...1 dog..3 rabbits and a goldfish...yep ours is a Madhouse :D

:smileyhea We love Disney...:heart:

Trying to Save for a Bigger house ...:o

Comments

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do I proceed?, do I mention the EU rules to them, if I take what they offer as a refund does it mean I cannot claim the rest?

Read the FAQs and post any questions not answered there on the Thomson thread (as you did previously).
  • terriandaaron
    terriandaaron Posts: 350 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hi

It was more of a general comment about can you claim both so I thought it would be ok to post here ??

its relevant to any airline and anyone whos had experience of this,??
    5 kids..1 hubby...1 dog..3 rabbits and a goldfish...yep ours is a Madhouse :D

:smileyhea We love Disney...:heart:

Trying to Save for a Bigger house ...:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family