Race For Life 2014 - Who's doing it

edited 2 May 2014 at 5:16PM in Charities
13 replies 2.7K views
bargainbunny1bargainbunny1 Forumite
7 Posts
edited 2 May 2014 at 5:16PM in Charities
Race for Life kicks off this weekend (4th May) in Glasgow.

Who else is entering this year? I'm doing Maidstone on 13th July

Anyone thinking of doing it, enter online at raceforlife.org

I'm unable to post the link so just go via the website

:j

Replies

• I'm entering! Really looking forward to it! =)
  • EchoDeltaEchoDelta Forumite
    631 Posts
    I have entered, mine isn't until the end of July and I really want to jog the whole way.
    Sealed Pot Challenge - No. 117
    Bank of Mum & Dad - £3150/£10,000 (£6850 to go) Bank of In Laws - £4600/£12,000 (£7400 to go)
    MFW - MFD - [STRIKE]5 Apr 2029[/STRIKE] 5 June 2025 : AIM = NOV 2019 (back up aim = MAR 2023)
  • Sarahdol75Sarahdol75 Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im doing the 10k this year, usually only do 5k, but running with a group of lovely ladies and my 11 year old son is joining us aswell, cant wait 7 june.
  • DD doing the 2014 Race for Life.
    A charity dear to our hearts.
    Only £30 to hit her tatget.
    https://www.justgiving.com/louisepurser/

#proudmummy

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • BunnieJBunnieJ Forumite
    418 Posts
    I've entered the Bristol 5k with my friend :) We did it last year in Windsor, but we just walked it. This year we've decided to run/jog.

It's not until the beginning of July, but I've only just started training! :o
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing the 5k Pretty Muddy this weekend, can't wait. Not really an out and out runner so hoping the obstacles will help. First ever obstacle race like this, but who knows, perhaps next year Tough Mudder!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• lowdenclearlowdenclear Forumite
    173 Posts
    I'm doing the 5k tomorrow with a bunch of ladies from my local Slimming World group. It should be good fun. :-)
  • sweetmesweetme Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Chutzpah Haggler
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Doing the 5k Pretty Muddy this weekend, can't wait. Not really an out and out runner so hoping the obstacles will help. First ever obstacle race like this, but who knows, perhaps next year Tough Mudder!

I am doing his in Glasgow on the 13th September, really looking forward to it! Good luck! Come back and let us know how it was.
  • We do Race for Life every year. Looking forward to it :)
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweetme wrote: »
    I am doing his in Glasgow on the 13th September, really looking forward to it! Good luck! Come back and let us know how it was.

Well I survived! It was great fun, I'm not really much of a runner so found that more taxing than the obstacles (I do boot camp twice a week so that interval type training helped) saying that at one stage myself and my friend were first and second in our time slots :D obstacles were fun, finishing off with a big inflatable slide at the end.

I'm not sure my trainers will be the same again (actually they came through the wash ok) and I left a massive tide mark in the bath when I got home :o ensure you take a change of clothes for after, and a towel. There's not usually changing facilities or showers so joggers and a top that you don't mind also getting a bit muddy are good. Oh, and a change of knickers.

I'm sure you'll have a blast x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News