virgin mobile

Options
i am impressed. i have had contracts with t-mobile, orange and 3, and all of their customer service departments (with the occasional exception of orange) have been surly, uncooperative, and unhelpful.

so it was a breath of fresh air when my virgin payt phone was stolen on thursday, and i talked to someone who was courteous, helpful and competent. she cancelled my phone and ordered me a replacement sim.

even more impressive, the replacement sim arrived LESS than 36 hours after i rang them, avoiding the bank holiday weekend etc. brilliant!

Comments

• buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I think Virgin Mobile are excellent too!

My mum had a similar experience as above and likewise got a replacement SIM very quickly too!

Also, ordered a new phone myself (nice price too, SE T630, £59.99 with £10 credit for existing users), ordered Thursday evening at about 21.00, delivered, as promised, Saturday morning at 11.00, free of charge!

Cheers

Steve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree. Virgin customer service is very good. Unfortunately, I've been seduced by the 02 free sims and their free text offer!
  • buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Going to applaude Virgin Mobile again now! My phone, Sony Ericsson T630 bought last April for £59.99 (with £10 credit), developed a fault on its battery, such that the life of the battery whilst mainly on stand by shot down from 6/7 days to an average of 3./4 days.

Phoned Virgin Mobile anyway last Friday afternoon, one new replacement battery arrived yesterday morning, free of charge as just about within warranty period!

Cheers

Steve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My first phone was with Virgin a long time ago now and I have stayed with them cos their customer service has always been excellent.

Both my kids have Virgin mobiles too.

Hope it stays the same now they have been bought out by NTL.......
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • DaisyDaisy
    Options
    i agree- i have been with Virgin for over a year, and i recommend them to all PAYG friends, because the rate is good and they are so friendly and easy to deal with. Their customer service is second to none- I once did something really stupid to my settings, and the guy patiently talked me through it until it was working again.
    but their contact deals aren't great- i have been tempted away by O2, and, although i have a sexy new phone, i am already starting to regret it.
  • Goldilox
    Goldilox Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Virgin Mobile are great...they are always quick to respond - have great signals almost everywhere including abroad and now they have even given me free texts to other virgin mobile phones...all this and I'm only pay as you go! Not a contract in site which is brilliant for me! :-)
    Lightbulb Moment: 15/04/06 :j

Regularly check:

YOUGOV

SURVEYSPARK

MONEYANDFREEBIES

PUREPROFILE

Internet Earning All ADDS up!
  • Lucycat
    Lucycat Posts: 219 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thumbs up for Virgin Mobile from here too - my friend ordered a reconditioned pay-as-you-go phone from their website last week for her daughter to replace one that she'd had stolen.

The phone was delivered by courier less than 36 hours after placing the order & she rang me yesterday to say she'd just had a follow-up call from Customer Services to ask if there was any way they could improve their service - she was happy to tell them there was nothing they could do to improve!

Top marks - I know where I'll be going for my next phone! :beer:

Lucy.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Another good aspect about Virgin PAYG is that you can set up a Direct Debit with them . With this system you are allowed to "go into the red" up £100 which is then paid off at the end of the month. So you do not have to worry about topping up the phone via a voucher or on-line. This is especially useful when you are abroad. Thus you have all the advantages of a monthly contract without paying a monthly rental.

Talking about using your phone abroad , their overseas rates are some of the cheapest around.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are really good. I switched to them from Vodaphone after a particularly galling experience with THEIR customer services and I've never looked back.
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • deutzkiwi
    deutzkiwi Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    I work for cpw and always recommend them for their cs, we have to call all the networks all the time and I've not once had someone at virgin be rude, bored etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure