No buying unneccessary toiletries May 2014.

1515253545557»

Comments

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    asset2004 wrote: »
    Always feel like I must sound like a broken record but find the S&G hand cream goes off really quickly :mad: and when it does it smells awful.
    Been trying to get the free McD's ice drink, has anyone got it to work :o been singing along and my % is dropping each time :o

It does seem to :(
    I tend to just buy the small tube so do tend to get through it before it goes off, but the small being out of stock then the Christmas sets means I've accidentally found myself with the big ones :(
    Smells so good when it's new though... lol X
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • pixtotts
    I'm sure I can't be the only one who has problems finding the new threads....
    Heres June :)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4984207&highlight=no+buying+june

x x x
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    pixtotts wrote: »
    I'm sure I can't be the only one who has problems finding the new threads....
    Heres June :)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4984207&highlight=no+buying+june

x x x

I did post a link on post #558 :D
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • seasideDreamer
    seasideDreamer Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks Fizz and Dolly. Had two fab holidays- Greece and Belgium within a few days of each other. Very different but both enjoyable, Greece was cheap but Belgium so expensive in terms of eating and drinking:eek: Now I just need to start eating healthily again before I break the scales at SW weigh in on Tuesday:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • pixtotts
    I did post a link on post #558 :D

Oops sorry, I thought I read back far enough but obviously over looked it x
  • lynseydee wrote: »
    Which hot cloth cleanser have you started using? I have some Liz Earle in my stash and do really like it but really could do with finding a cheaper alternative.

Hi Lynsey.

I have tried several HHC now, Boots no7 is lovely, 200ml for under £10 and often on 3 for 2, subtle fragrance which I like for bedtime. In the mornings I prefer Superdrug radiance (which I got at half price 150ml for £2.99) which has a fresh, menthol-ly type smell and helps to wake me up. My absolute fav at the moment is REN (which you can get at M&S) but it is price wise on a par with LE, I think it's about £16 for 150ml and has a lovely soft rose fragrance.

Hope this helps.

While I'm here I have a UU to declare, Dove Body Wash (200ml?), lovely fragrance and left my skin feeling clean so WBA but only when the stash is depleted. The spluttering shampoo and conditioner are still hanging on in there!!

Stats since 27/5/14

UUs - 6 INs - 0

Have a good day

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hammyham wrote: »
    Does anyone on here have the Smashbox full exposure pallette? I've bought it on an offer after wanting it for ages, but when I then googled it the reviews are completely divided and now I don;t know whether to return it? xxx

Sorry, I'm only just catching up with thread cos work has been manic and weekends taken up with working out and usual cleaning chores. MrM working away this weekend so I get a chance to read back and post.

Anyhow, not sure if you have returned this already so my recomnedation may be no use to you but I really love this pallette. I especially like the glittery colours. Must admit though that I'm lazy and don't follow the eye guides provided.
    dolly84 wrote: »

Liz Earle Hand Repair - 30ml, WBA, this doesn't leave my hands greasy so I keep it on my desk, if you apply too much it does ball up though.

The reason for this hand cream balling up is the white clay ingredient. If you apply too much the white clay can't absorb apparently.
    maddiemay wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I paid what is for me a silly price, for a Chanel liquid lipstick thingy, it just did not work for me, too much product is dispensed and however carefully I used lip liner, it always ended up looking a mess.

Recently I scuffed the toe of my new and favourite red ankle boots, I looked for touch up polish, but decided that I need to take the boots in to match. As a wet day was forecast for today I wanted to wear them, but needed to cover the scuff before putting on another layer of waterproofing, delighted to find lippie is a perfect, if rather expensive match:D

You always make me smile at how resourceful you are maddiemay! Our bath drain became clogged up again recently due to soapy bits again. I came home from work one night last week to find MrM on his hands and knees replacing the bath panel as he'd cleared the drain by hand. Didn't look too pleased though when I told him we could have easily cleared it by using the bicarb mix you recommended. :rotfl:
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening ladies

Uu body shop almond shower gel, used as hand wash, wnba I have decided that I don't like almond scented products.

Happy pampering xo

I have a bottle of this that's been sitting around for ages. Thankfully, MrM likes to use it on holiday so I'm saving it to take on our cruise.
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    UU no 14/ elemis rose and jasmine bath milk 50mls WNBA this was part of a 'set' or GWP I'd never buy it on its own. Didn't do anything for me

I hate the smell of this product. It's very synthetic and cheap smelling. And cheap it isn't. I got all mine as GWPs as well so once they're gone that's it.
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I have uu

Elemis Skin Nourishing Bath Milk - 400ml, I have had loads of bottles of this from various GWP's, I have one more full size left. It is lovely, makes the water soft and can be used as a body lotion too but it is £39 a bottle so for that reason I WNBA.

I'm withyou on this and all Elemis bath products. So expensive and not so great.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Val you're back :) good to see you
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have a look at Ruffle No Feathers for cruelty free beauty products, they also do household bits as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure