We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Enjoy Locarr's interesting thread Elite

1…947948949951953

Comments

  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    fairclaire wrote: »
    I just asked for refunds one at a time. I word my emails in a way that doesn't give them much choice ;) :rotfl:
    I can well imagine ;):D

    So can I, judging be the emails she sends me, never gives me a choice :cool:
    Never liked making decisions though, its a man thing
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    nerfdad wrote: »
    So the elite is finishing:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl:

    Think I chuck you out my new thread
  • Classy_Chick06
    Classy_Chick06 Posts: 4,195 Forumite
    tigerwhite wrote: »
    Nothing exciting but a few AvT bits from today. The waffles and pancakes are 2 for £1 btw


    2 x Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Cleansing... £4.00 £2.90
    1 x Florette Mixed Salad (200g) £1.00 £1.00
    1 x Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make Up R... £2.00 £1.68
    2 x Kingsmill Love to Toast Pancakes (6) £1.50 £1.20
    2 x Kingsmill Love to Toast Toasting Waffles (6) £1.70 £1.20


    Are the nivea products on 3 for £6?
    tia
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Yes I have done that but it makes me uncomfortable and I start thinking they'll wonder what I'm up to and start talking about me :o I think it's because I'm in there almost every day, I'm sure they must think I'm some kind of shopping addict :o I know I worry too much about what people think of me :D I don't know, maybe it's just me but I wonder, does anyone else think like this who is in the same store often or do you not worry about it :think: :rotfl:

    I just say "this is on offer online but i cant see a sel, can you check it for me please incase its online only?"
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • ledlights
    ledlights Posts: 282 Forumite
    DeeDee74 wrote: »
    Was your bold actually the 24 wash?
    no it was 26 wash hth
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    shirley999 wrote: »
    I noticed that they now say you can print your order confirmation email to get your discount instore whilst waiting for your LYB card to arrive. I don't see how you could use the discount online though until they provide your membership number. However, last time I had a problem they emailed me a membership number. This was of no use to me though because I wanted to give the card to someone as a gift and it didn't arrive in time.

    Same here. Helped by the fact the glitch was at Christmas time and I never asked for a refund until after when it was too late to give them as gifts. It's definitely better to ask for one at a time as well, if it comes to it.
  • jax.26
    jax.26 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    I've had that one before. Out of interest, was it an African/Jamaican accent? Various family members have had the Microsoft phone call and it always seems to be the same man!

    I think I was in the middle of some work when they called, so I got very agitated and told him to FORK OFF and he was like "Sir, what do you mean?", so I told him it again but properly: F*** OFF. :T:T:T


    Yes mimi, it was that accent. I could hear loads of other people in the background on phones...probably making the same calls!!
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    When you going to start the new nice thread then tweets :D

    Won't need to be started till about tomoro afternoon...maybe later at the rate posts are being removed!!:cool::D
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

    bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • Mildred1970
    Mildred1970 Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    I got told where to go last time :eek:
    I was paying for the membership and not the physical card apparently!

    I've never had much luck when it comes to the BS though :rotfl:

    Me too, I rang up 3 times and sent a couple of emails - then gave up and used them to 'buy' 2 free hand creams :D

    I still have the original first 2 cards that *ahem* must have arrived without my realising, the nice CS lady kindly arranged for replacement cards saying she would cancel the originals. Wonder if she ever did cancel them :whistle:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Last post???
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.