BT line complaint ? Ombudsman ?

Hi everyone I have been complaining to BT since OCTOBER 2013 They have failed to deal with my complaint or respond to my complaints about their failure to respond ! I waited in for 3 mornings fo an engineeer to install a line as promised and they never came I have phoned emailed and written dozens of times feeling really upset and distressed by the whole process I finally have the line but am disgusted by their complaints service I received numerous auto email the last one in March saying i would receive a response in 10 days but still no response Finally got through on live chat and have been told they will pay a maximum of £10 a day ! for each missed call out and a small amount for the delay apparently a standard fee as they cant know how much income I lost And DONT take that into account anyway ! I am wondering whether to go to the ombudsman as I feel they are getting away with appalling service and I would like to see them improve for other people or is that just going to be more stress for nothing. Anyone had experience of this process and was it worth it ? Advice please :(

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,021
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone I have been complaining to BT since OCTOBER 2013 They have failed to deal with my complaint or respond to my complaints about their failure to respond ! I waited in for 3 mornings fo an engineeer to install a line as promised and they never came I have phoned emailed and written dozens of times feeling really upset and distressed by the whole process I finally have the line but am disgusted by their complaints service I received numerous auto email the last one in March saying i would receive a response in 10 days but still no response Finally got through on live chat and have been told they will pay a maximum of £10 a day ! for each missed call out and a small amount for the delay apparently a standard fee as they cant know how much income I lost And DONT take that into account anyway ! I am wondering whether to go to the ombudsman as I feel they are getting away with appalling service and I would like to see them improve for other people or is that just going to be more stress for nothing. Anyone had experience of this process and was it worth it ? Advice please :(

Is this a residential line or a business line, if it's residential then there is no chance of claiming consequential loss , because it wasn't a business line that was ordered, if someone runs a business from a residential line they get residential class of service, including residential line compensation when things go wrong, want business type service you have to pay business line rental etc..
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    The money offered is a goodwill payment only - what your imagined losses or inconvenience were is immaterial as it has no bearing. I'd accept what is offered and move on, as your service contract clearly states what your entitlements are. As the service wasn't installed and then you lost it, there is no rebate due. If it was service or technical issues that prevented the line being made live, they are not liable for this either.
  • Buzby wrote: »
    The money offered is a goodwill payment only - what your imagined losses or inconvenience were is immaterial as it has no bearing. I'd accept what is offered and move on, as your service contract clearly states what your entitlements are. As the service wasn't installed and then you lost it, there is no rebate due. If it was service or technical issues that prevented the line being made live, they are not liable for this either.

Thanks for replying It is a private line but I had to have 3 days off work waiting for engineers visits which never happened and they never called to let me know Overall a really disgusting service and a completely impossible complaints procedure designed to block complaints. Its cost me a fortune in phone calls to people who clearly dont give a monkeys promise to sort it and never call back . I will certainly never buy from them again Its just such a shame they have a monopoly on line installation Guess thats why they treat their customers so badly.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    They don't - Virgin provides an alternative, if you're one of the 5m lucky enough to be connected. If you had documentation showing confirmed timings and a no show, the install team can provide rebates on an ex-gracia basis. As it is more than once, call them (free from any Payphone) and ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure