IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

End wanted to ParkingEye ticket

Having spoken to the Parking Cowboys they kindly directed me to this forum for some advise on my Parking dispute

I received a ticket off PE and ignored all following letters, I received my court letter and acknowledged on line, I purchased the Parking Pranksters guide to fighting PE, I used his advice to submit an initial defence and the court has been changed to my local one. PE sent a huge response to my defence and detailed that they are willing to conduct court mediation to end the dispute, yet on their N180 form they ticked 'No' to being referred to mediation services....I recently email PE direct titled 'Without prejudice save to cost', here I went in low and offered £30 to settle with them, with a hope or an offer from them....no reply as yet!

Basically this year I have my wedding to organise along with a honeymoon, be best man at my dad’s wedding, 2 stag dos, whilst working shifts and currently applying for a new job. With so much going on this year I just want an end to this constant background issue.

How can I just agree a settle with PE and end this once and for all?

Comments

• Nodding_Donkey
    Nodding_Donkey Posts: 2,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Pay whatever they are asking.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    But its worth defending against, can you afford or want to lose £160 for doing a bit of leg work to settle this matter? Have you made complaints to the retailer/service provider who parking eye are agents of? Away worth a complaint in that angle
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    with both mse forum help and prankster help, this one settled for £20 http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

so no reason why they wouldnt agree, especially if the judge or court found out they had gone to court when you were offering a settlement

even better if the actual person who should be in court (the landowner - the one with locus standii) cancelled the charge on your behalf ;)
  • Pay whatever they are asking.

Hmmm... :mad:
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Was the offer you made compliant with the Civil Procedure Rules (Part 36)?

If they have said they agree to mediation, then you could write to them and ask them to agree to a stay in proceedings and to allow you access to POPLA (easily winnable).

As has been said, contact the landowner.
  • DRCUK
    DRCUK Posts: 17 Forumite
    I have the store managers email address in the defence sent by PE, an email to him cant hurt can it? any advise on what to say?
  • da_rule
    As a loyal customer you are being taken to court by their agent, and that you will not be returning to the store as a result, as well as telling all of your family/friends.

Was you offer compliant with the procedure rules?
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Is the store the well known Switch and Save one ?
  • DRCUK
    DRCUK Posts: 17 Forumite
    I dont know what the procedure rules are? So prob not im guessing?
    Id be happy to negotiate with them and settle on a resonable cost as opposed to the £160 they want.

It was the Range store
  • da_rule
    Oh Range, they haven't got the best record of getting these things cancelled. Kick up a stink on their Facebook page.

Does anyone have a citation for the £20 case?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure