Dodgy Pension Trustee

Options

Comments

• Davnik
    Davnik Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2018 at 4:14PM
    Options
    The 6 months I referred to in my last post appears over optimistic. It seems this saga is endless. And Harris appears to have got away with causing so many people so many problems.
  • Davnik
    Options
    In theory this investment that has caused so much worry for the last five and a half years has now at long last matured. Five and a half years have felt like 25!
    The next few weeks will be interesting to see what, if anything, will develop. And in the meantime Harris, who has caused so much anxiety and distress for so many people, appears to have got away with it.
  • Davnik
    Options
    Now nearly three months on from the theoretical maturity date of this investement, and still the limbo continues. Really wish I had become involved with it.
  • Davnik
    Options
    Now nearly six months on from the supposed maturity and still sweet FA.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haven't ploughed through 175 posts, so this may already have been suggested. Given the PO determination (https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/PO-8129.pdf) have you followed that route?
  • MrUnhappy
    MrUnhappy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As the the author of the original post on this thread, way back in March 2014. Has anybody received any money back from Harris? or the new trustees?
    From what I can gather, there was a substantial amount of funds being held in a frozen bank account, this has since been released and the new trustees have been having quite a bit of trouble trying to find out who actually is owed what, due to Harris's records or lack of!, obviously there is a hell of a lot of missing funds that were "badly invested" but there may some light on the horizon.
  • Davnik
    Options
    As far as I know no one has yet received anything.

Harris appears to have got away with it, or it's the longest crimninal investigation in history.

Yes, there is apparently light on the horizon, but it is a bloody long time coming.
  • MrUnhappy
    MrUnhappy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you not heard anything from the new trustees?
  • Davnik
    Options
    Of course, but not recently.
    Have you?
  • Random47
    Random47 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, after slogging through 9 pages and all posts it does confirm to me that regulated investment is the wise decision and any IFA used should be able to demonstrate a track record to the clients own due diligence / satisfaction.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback