Ovivo money back - advice please

Options
woodyt
woodyt Posts: 118 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi,
I bought 3 Ovivo sims and although I used 1 successfully for over a year, the other 2 were only used for 2 months and the other for 2 weeks.
They were purchased using a credit card and I would like to try and claim back my money.
When I contact the bank do I need dates for when the purchases were made or do they check all that out?
Do you think I would be able to make a claim on all of the sims or just the 2 ?
Many thanks

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2014 at 10:45AM
    Options
    woodyt wrote: »
    When I contact the bank do I need dates for when the purchases were made or do they check all that out?
    Common sense suggests the former. And some extra information is surely required as well: what exactly you paid for and what they failed to deliver.
    Do you think I would be able to make a claim on all of the sims or just the 2 ?
    IMHO, you stand no chance to get refunds for the old purchases.
    For s75 claim the amount is too small.
    For chargeback it's 120 days max.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The dates will be on your credit card statements. But as above, no chance now. Isn't a year's usage worth the £60 investment though?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • wissychraddle
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    For chargeback it's 120 days max.

540 days for a service that has not been delivered.
  • wissychraddle
    Options
    I bought two Ovivo Sim Cards in December 2013 at £20 a pop.

I have today phoned First Direct on 01132345678 and got put through to the Disputes Department.

They looked into it, in five minutes they said it would cost more than the £40 to raise a chargeback, so they would just put the £40 in my bank overnight.

CHUFFED!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    540 days for a service that has not been delivered.

But the service was delivered, until Ovivo shut down. The OP chose not to use those two SIM's prior to that.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • tonygch96
    tonygch96 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let the Forum know, I posted on here to say that I had received a Sim Card and the day after they went bust. :mad:

Pleased to inform the Forum that I paid by PayPal and logged a dispute with them, I have received notification that they will be returned my £20 paid.

A good result - Thank you PayPal :beer:
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    tonygch96 wrote: »
    Just to let the Forum know, I posted on here to say that I had received a Sim Card and the day after they went bust. :mad:

Pleased to inform the Forum that I paid by PayPal and logged a dispute with them, I have received notification that they will be returned my £20 paid.

A good result - Thank you PayPal :beer:
    Like Tony I received a SIM on Tuesday 18 March and they stopped trading on 19th!
    I contacted my credit card supplier , Capital One,12 days ago to instigate a charge back but they said would forward to the disputes dept. Still not heard anything so rang again and was told will forward to the disputes Dept! So I am not filled with confidence that I will see my £20 again.
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    I got a sim from Ovivo a week or so before they went belly up but didn't activate it, I got a refund from Paypal today :)
  • Pangloss_2
    Pangloss_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I paid for my SIM through Paypal on March 13th.

I lodged a dispute on the day Ovivo went bust. I received a credit of £20 on April 1st.

I warmly recommend Paypal.
    La luta continua!
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    Are Ovivo actually bust? Or have they just stopped delivering the service?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure