The work programme vs my MA

Options
2»

Comments

• LL30
    LL30 Posts: 729 Forumite
    Options
    So, I managed to get to the appointment (thanks goodness for my lovely supervisor!) and it pretty much went how I anticipated. At first she said I wasn't suitable for the WP because I was a lone parent with a child under 5, so I pipped in with 'and my MA' and she had a blank look on her face. Then she went through my info and was very apologetic, I shouldn't have received the letter and she should have checked my file etc I told her that I understood that things get overlooked sometimes, especially when carrying high case loads but my frustration was with not having a phone number to call her directly and rearrange the appointment. She's given me a direct number now, so if if anything does crop up in terms of appointments, I can at least ring her.

I'm not due to go in again at the moment, but she does need to contact me in 6 months for an update. She's documented that there's little they can do in terms of supporting me, as my course is providing me with everything I need at the moment. My advisor really is lovely, and very supportive and encouraging. The plan is to get my qualification and then get part time work (regrettably, I'd love to work full time). Let's hope my new treatment program helps this to happen and my body decides to be compliant with this idea too.
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options
    Glad things have been sorted out - they do make mistakes sometimes! ;) Good luck for the future and thank you for letting us know what happened and that you have resolved the issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure