Forum Home» Savings & Investments» ISAs & Tax-free Savings

MSE News Comment - Martin Lewis: Will you really gain from the new NISAs? - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

MSE News Comment - Martin Lewis: Will you really gain from the new NISAs?

edited 19 March 2014 at 6:17PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
62 replies 11.3K views
123457»

Replies

• tigerm25tigerm25 Forumite
    25 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Thank you innovate, you've answered my question. I've been saving for a deposit on a house since December last year, and I wanted to make sure I was saving the maximum I can afford to save.
    innovate wrote: »
    Why did you think you needed to open a new ISA today?

Because on MSE its seems to qualify this allowance rise by using the dates 6th April to 30th June;

"Any Isas opened between 6 April and 30 June will automatically become a NISA, with a higher limit. From 1 July, you'll be able to add further money up to the new £15,000 limit." Budget 2014: Cash Isa allowance up to £15,000 in New Isa (NISA), 19 March 2014

Thank you again for answering my question!
  • innovateinnovate
    16.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wish nobody had ever coined the phrase NISA. It seems to mainly cause confusion.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support