ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, by using the portal you agree to their updated T&Cs, which are subject to change at any time they fancy on the website. Stick to paper if you want to be sure.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Yes they can do this as it states all income and Student loans didn't take this into account . it was a discressionary thing. I was married and always below the threshold, however now I'm single I have to include all my benefits and my children's maintenance go figure.

I argued with them till I was blue in the face and even went to the ombudsmen , who sided with them , I was basically told suck it up buttercup.
    You can do a statement of earnings and send it to them to prove that you will struggle. not that they will take much notice of it.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry if this is stupid question but are there any other risks with deferring online? Would it alter the terms and conditions of my loans in any way? My loans are due to be written off in the not too distant future so I'm thinking it will be best to carry on with the postal deferment a few more times but I'd be interested to know more about this.

You are also giving them a variety of other more personal information, information Arrow Global can then use in one of its other business strands of selling information through its very shady and secretive Proprietary Collections Bureau, in which it sells access to other debt collectors, to allow them to perform checks on people and cross check info. By using its website, you agree to them sharing info with 'third parties'. I certainly dont want an Arrow Global cookie sitting on my computer, waiting around, collecting, collecting, collecting, for god knows what. Just knowing that was on my computer whenever i am using it potentially communicating with Arrow Global HQ is enough to bring me out in a rash...
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Erudio's 8 weeks to respond to my complaint ended on Friday with no reply. Do I go straight to the FOS now?
  • erudioed
    Options
    Yes! And as they showed you ultimate contempt by not replying and acknowledging your existence, a complaint of terrible service should also be added...
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Well they acknowledged my complaint, but nothing more. I've had multiple letters since reminding me my deferment was rejected though and asking for more evidence.
  • erudioed
    Options
    Oh, well, they still didnt uphold their commitment to reply to the complaint in the allotted time, so thats more fuel for your complaint.
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Done. Let's see what the FOS think.
  • Jonmenzies
    Jonmenzies Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Sorry if this is off topic but I want to go back to eduction and get 4 years of loans. I have no intention of paying them back. Would I be right in saying as long as I earn less than £21000 and keep it that way, I will be okay?
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Leaving aside the morality of taking the loans with no intention of repaying them, the only possible answer is "who knows?". This government has shown it is happy to make changes to student loans after the fact, so they could easily do so again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback