ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• FuriousFeline
    Options
    Thanks, Anna. I think I'm going to send a complaints email to Erudio first, to see what excuse they come out with. That's what I did last year and it got sorted out, although (coincidentally?) I didn't get confirmation of deferment, along with an extra month to make up for the delay in sending out the DAFs, until after Erudio's incompetence had been flagged up by the media.
  • ijwia
    ijwia Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    had a couple of letters from erudio about my deferment (no form sent though) pointing me to their website

what do you guys do about sending in the bank statement i feel a bit sensitive about sending in an open bank statement with all my outgoings shop and bill payments on it (everything is paid by card these days) i do have a paypal account but its just to make online purchases easier there is never anything in it as it just linked to my bank account

i'm tempted to edit my bank statement pdf and blank out all debits but then feel i'd be drawing attention to myself, not that i have anything to hide, but this seems to be the way of it these days i would like to be a private citizen but it feels as if you aren't allowed to be these days, without drawing attention to yourself.

governments getting just as bad they want continually to know more and more about your online self :( what the hell is this all about, feels like we are not a free society anymore, any way starting to rant here :rotfl:

is it common place to edit out purchase transactions on your bank statement when sending it in to these new student loan acquirers ?

thanks
  • plong979
    plong979 Posts: 109 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2017 at 7:32PM
    Options
    ijwia wrote: »
    had a couple of letters from erudio about my deferment (no form sent though) pointing me to their website

what do you guys do about sending in the bank statement i feel a bit sensitive about sending in an open bank statement with all my outgoings shop and bill payments on it (everything is paid by card these days) i do have a paypal account but its just to make online purchases easier there is never anything in it as it just linked to my bank account

i'm tempted to edit my bank statement pdf and blank out all debits but then feel i'd be drawing attention to myself, not that i have anything to hide, but this seems to be the way of it these days i would like to be a private citizen but it feels as if you aren't allowed to be these days, without drawing attention to yourself.

governments getting just as bad they want continually to know more and more about your online self :( what the hell is this all about, feels like we are not a free society anymore, any way starting to rant here :rotfl:

is it common place to edit out purchase transactions on your bank statement when sending it in to these new student loan acquirers ?

thanks

black out nearly everything including account numbers. just show that money in is below threshold along with name and address to prove it's you and the date to show it's the relevant month.
  • plong979
    Options
    as for my situation, no update. not heard anything from crudio after i sent my deferment evidence. crapquest have also been quiet.
  • FuriousFeline
    Options
    I just did a Google search for 'Erudio AND Arrow Global' covering a period of the past year, and look what I found!

http://www.creditawards.co.uk/winners/finalists2017

As you can see, Erudio were shortlisted in the Best Collections Team category of this year's Credit Awards. They didn't actually win, but the fact that they were shortlisted speaks volumes.
  • plong979
    Options
    I just did a Google search for 'Erudio AND Arrow Global' covering a period of the past year, and look what I found!

http://www.creditawards.co.uk/winners/finalists2017

As you can see, Erudio were shortlisted in the Best Collections Team category of this year's Credit Awards. They didn't actually win, but the fact that they were shortlisted speaks volumes.

i love how a company with 0 staff can be called a team.
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I guess getting away with outright lying and deceit must be standards those awards hold very highly. If that isn't a sign that this industry should be very tightly monitored, i don't know what is.
  • ElwoodBlues
    ElwoodBlues Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just received the "We haven't received your online deferment..." letter. My current deferment runs until this August. Are they trying to say I'm late with my deferral (it used to be April, until last year's debacle put it back)? Or is it purely a fishing trip to get me to use their website?

I'll do a paper deferment like usual, presume I need to request paper forms, they won't send them without me requesting?
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's to get you to use their website, they are sending out messages about online deferment a full month or more before the paperwork is due to go out.
  • ijwia
    ijwia Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just got my p60 through in the post i wonder if that is ok to use as proof not keen on sending my bank statements to be honest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback