ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    It's a whole truck load of pork products.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • evilsheep
    Options
    I had a call from the 'Collections' department of Erudio earlier today, kindly notifying me that my account was in arrears. I'd emailed them a template letter, along with 3 payslips to prove my income was below the deferral threshold, and had received a letter in response saying that "I hadn't signed the form" (see my earlier post on this thread). I asked her on the phone if she'd received the signed copy of the letter that I'd emailed, she said she 'didn't have access' to emails but that I'd have to complete their own deferral form.

The conversation went back and fore for about 10 minutes with me saying I wouldn't be bullied into filling in their forms when I've provided them with the relevant information. She put me on hold several times to 'speak to a colleague' to confirm that I most definitely did have to complete their own forms. I pointed out that I was very aware of several cases where Erudio have deferred without signing the form, and that there were many complaints to FOS about them, and then asked when their 'new' deferral forms were out (later this month apparently). I asked repeatedly why they were requesting more information that the SLC had ever asked, and she didn't really give me an answer, apart from exasperatedly saying that she 'only worked for collections' and she 'had to read this out' (various scripted blurb).

She gave up in the end and asked if I wanted to raise a complaint. I said 'yes', and reiterated that, as I'd sent them the required information, I looked forward to receiving confirmation of my deferral.

I will not back down on this.
  • calise
    calise Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    anna2007 wrote: »
    I think Pluthero and Jonez are the only ones on here who've found a search on file, so seems to be the exception rather than the norm?

I had a search done on my credit report from Erudio last May (when I deferred using their DAF) Showed up on Noddle but not Experian. Maybe worth a look on Noddle?
  • BorderReiver14
    Options
    Good for you evilsheep... Not sure I could tolerate talking to some poor soul reading from a script. All my communications with them will be by mail and email if only because my sense of humour may not come across too good on the phone.
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • gardenia101
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    INTERESTING!

Did you use Erudio's DAF or send your own cover letter?

Just trying to find a common link, have they searched everyone's? I wonder how many people have even checked?

(Anna I believe, did not report a search but she used their DAF and was deferred.)

Anyone else deferred or not have an illegal credit search carried out on them?

I've been deferred (extended now to 36 months in view of my disability) - did sadly use their DAF although I did say that as it was such a poor copy I couldn't actually read any of the T&Cs (they just enlarged it badly instead of doing a genuine large print copy :wall: so I don't know how I could have possibly given my informed consent to anything...).

I haven't had a search done according to Noddle.

Not heard anything back from FOS yet, or from my MP.
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
  • gardenia101
    Options
    Good for you evilsheep... Not sure I could tolerate talking to some poor soul reading from a script. All my communications with them will be by mail and email if only because my sense of humour may not come across too good on the phone.

They stopped responding to my emails months ago..... no replies or acknowledgements. Could this be because I said email was my preferred method of communication since they seemed to struggle so much with large print?
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    evilsheep wrote: »
    I had a call from the 'Collections' department of Erudio earlier today, kindly notifying me that my account was in arrears. I'd emailed them a template letter, along with 3 payslips to prove my income was below the deferral threshold, and had received a letter in response saying that "I hadn't signed the form" (see my earlier post on this thread). I asked her on the phone if she'd received the signed copy of the letter that I'd emailed, she said she 'didn't have access' to emails but that I'd have to complete their own deferral form.

The conversation went back and fore for about 10 minutes with me saying I wouldn't be bullied into filling in their forms when I've provided them with the relevant information. She put me on hold several times to 'speak to a colleague' to confirm that I most definitely did have to complete their own forms. I pointed out that I was very aware of several cases where Erudio have deferred without signing the form, and that there were many complaints to FOS about them, and then asked when their 'new' deferral forms were out (later this month apparently). I asked repeatedly why they were requesting more information that the SLC had ever asked, and she didn't really give me an answer, apart from exasperatedly saying that she 'only worked for collections' and she 'had to read this out' (various scripted blurb).

She gave up in the end and asked if I wanted to raise a complaint. I said 'yes', and reiterated that, as I'd sent them the required information, I looked forward to receiving confirmation of my deferral.

I will not back down on this.

NEVER PHONE THEM OR TAKE CALLS FROM THEM!

I had to send Erudio a 'desist calling me/this is harassment please put all contact in letter/email form ONLY' back in August and SO far they ain't called back.

Don't back down. They are just using scummy DCA tactics.

They will NEVER TAKE ANYONE TO COURT FOR NOT USING THEIR DAF WHATEVER VERSION.
  • Pluthero
    First Post
    Options
    calise wrote: »
    I had a search done on my credit report from Erudio last May (when I deferred using their DAF) Showed up on Noddle but not Experian. Maybe worth a look on Noddle?

The plot thickens. Thought all credit reports used same sources? And I am pretty sure a company can't remove a search once it is carried out?

Any MODS, Fermi? do you know if this is true?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Searches are done separately on each CRA, so they can choose which ones to search. A company can remove a search if it was carried out in error.

As these aren't credit application searches, only you see them.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Pluthero
    First Post
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Searches are done separately on each CRA, so they can choose which ones to search. A company can remove a search if it was carried out in error.

As these aren't credit application searches, only you see them.
    That was fast. Thanks.

Noddle says this : Searches on your details through Callcredit within the last 24 months. These searches may be seen by third parties when they check your details with Callcredit.

This is the Search by Erudio:

Erudio Student Loans (Tar)
    Arrow Tar

Administration Review

So how Do I know only I can see it?

Also they are not allowed to even do a soft search under the original loan conditions?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback