ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Forever
    Forever Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help. :)

Funnily enough, there is no record of Erudio checking my credit file. That's bizarre if other people have had checks done?

The only credit check I have is from Paypal in October 2013.

I'm not sure where to find any 'U' though, but I am assuming that if Erudio hasn't checked my file, it's unlikely they have marked it with this too?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    If Erudio are going to report account, there will be an account for it listed under the Financial Account Information section. In a similar way that another type of loan or credit card, bank account etc would be listed there.

A U would be in the account status history where U stands for "Account has an unknown or ‘unspecified’ update and is not in default"

Payment holiday on callcredit AKA noddle would be a PH marker according to this.

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/media/1741464/your-credit-file-explained-6-5.pdf
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Forever
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    If Erudio are going to report account, there will be an account for it listed under the Financial Account Information section. In a similar way that another type of loan or credit card, bank account etc would be listed there.

A U would be in the account status history where U stands for "Account has an unknown or ‘unspecified’ update and is not in default"

Payment holiday on callcredit AKA noddle would be a PH marker according to this.

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/media/1741464/your-credit-file-explained-6-5.pdf

Thanks Fermi. I've checked under the Financial Account Information section, and I can't see anything other than banking details.

So nothing reported - yet!
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Jonez wrote: »
    I've just checked with Noddle - Erudio also searched my credit file last May!

INTERESTING!

Did you use Erudio's DAF or send your own cover letter?

Just trying to find a common link, have they searched everyone's? I wonder how many people have even checked?

(Anna I believe, did not report a search but she used their DAF and was deferred.)

Anyone else deferred or not have an illegal credit search carried out on them?
  • Forever
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    INTERESTING!

Just trying to find a common link, have they searched everyone's? I wonder how many people have even checked?

(Anna I believe, did not report a search but she used their DAF and was deferred.)

I used their DAF, sadly, fully filled in. I was deferred - eventually!

There is no record of a credit check on my credit file by Erudio.
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Forever wrote: »
    Funnily enough, there is no record of Erudio checking my credit file. That's bizarre if other people have had checks done?
    I think Pluthero and Jonez are the only ones on here who've found a search on file, so seems to be the exception rather than the norm?
  • anna2007
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Changed each year, but in 1998.
    So couldn't be near £12k... maybe additional charges added to the account?

@ CC2 Did you have a payment arrangement in place with SLC (you mentioned making repayments until taking out a mortgage and that Erudio are moving the goalposts)? Are there any arrears on your account?
  • Jonez
    Jonez Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    INTERESTING!

I used the DAF - just completed it all - I was deferred without too much hassle. I know there are issues with providing all the info. requested, but I had a lot going on at the time and I just wanted it out of the way. My thinking was also influenced by the relatively short time remaining until age related write-off is due.
  • anna2007
    Options
    Someone has posted a new and interesting FOI request to BIS on Whatdotheyknow, covering BIS approval of Erudio's DAF, verifying income with employer, and MP contact with BIS:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/erudio_student_loans_12
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    anna2007 wrote: »
    Someone has posted a new and interesting FOI request to BIS on Whatdotheyknow, covering BIS approval of Erudio's DAF, verifying income with employer, and MP contact with BIS:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/erudio_student_loans_12

Those are very good QUESTIONS. But you know BIS will give their usual Scooby Doo responses. Its those pesky confidentiality clauses AGAIN! Darn it!

Can't wait to hear from Erudio about their illegal credit searches given that the SOS for Education said this on record:

Mr. Andrew Smith To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Science if a student in agreeing to the terms and conditions of a student loan authorises the Student Loans Company to make future searches on their income, via employers and banks.
    Mr. Jackson The terms and conditions of a loan agreement will not authorise the Student Loans Company to investigate borrowers' incomes through their employers or banks. Borrowers wishing to defer repayments will be required to produce evidence that their income falls below 85 per cent. of national average earnings.

Think I will give that little gem to the FOS Ombudsman who is now dealing with my complaint about having to complete a DAF!

Thanks again Anna.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure