Virgin Media & Credit Limit rant

Options
MrSilk
MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
So I've been with Virgin Media (TV + Broadband) for 6 months, and have just recently had a second box installed for the bedroom. When I initially took out the contract they applied a £180 credit limit to my account, which I thought fair enough. Then yesterday I got a letter saying they've reviewed my account and have applied a new credit limit of £140 to the account, dispite me paying my £90 a month bill via direct debit.

My financial situation has improved within the last 6 months, however I have taken out two new credit cards with combined limits of £1,750, however I seriously doubt this would impact Virgin Media in anyway.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Baring in mind, my bill for next month is £115 (Inc £25 installation fee for new box), I can't be doing with being cut off in the middle of the month as I do sometimes rent out/purcahse movies.

Plus, If I want Sky Movies added, it would take me over my credit limit! :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Kurtis_Blue
    Kurtis_Blue Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    Can you clarify why this is an issue.

Are you suggesting you may purchase £25.00 worth of pay for view in the next month? if that the issue cant you just ease off for one month or maybe pay something in advance?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 March 2014 at 11:36AM
    Options
    MrSilk wrote: »
    So I've been with Virgin Media (TV + Broadband) for 6 months, and have just recently had a second box installed for the bedroom. When I initially took out the contract they applied a £180 credit limit to my account, which I thought fair enough. Then yesterday I got a letter saying they've reviewed my account and have applied a new credit limit of £140 to the account, dispite me paying my £90 a month bill via direct debit.
    Your "credit limit" usually only applies to purchases of pay-per-view movies and sport (and perhaps telephone calls) . Since everyone pays in advance for Virgin broadband, TV and telephone rental, adding Sky Movies should make no difference to your "credit limit".

Have you perhaps been a tardy payer? This would explain why Virgin have reduced your credit limit even though you now pay by Direct Debit..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure