Roadkill Rebels March 2014

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 4 March 2014 at 9:51PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Hi guys,

I am taking over this challenge for March to support HOK3Y, hope you don't mind.

For the 5th month of roadkill rebels the drill is still the same: find as much roadkill as you can between March 1st and 31tst.

As HOK3Y said, "the only stipulation is that it must be found outside of your home and/or car - it has to be money that genuinely wasn't yours or your family's before you found it! So if you find it down the side of the sofa, it doesn't count!

We also collect wombled receipts and discarded lottery scratch-cards to see if we can make some pennies that way too, and we keep track of these earnings separately."

Will add the names of everyone in the next post, feel free to sign up and don't forget to subscribe!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 5 April 2014 at 12:42PM
    Roadkill Rebel #1: HOK3Y

Roadkill Rebel #12: no_control

Roadkill Rebel #16: Joylimited = £1.04

Roadkill Rebel #20: Saver-upper

Roadkill Rebel #24: Gem-gem = £3.42

Roadkill Rebel #35:Emma_N = £5.41

Roadkill Rebel #36: Muhren = 13p

Roadkill Rebel #50: Welshlassie = 74p

Roadkill Rebel #64: mummytummy = 17p

Roadkill Rebel #69: banshie13

Roadkill Rebel #83: cardi80

Roadkill Rebel #87: pie-eater

Roadkill Rebel #93: Maryland Cookie = 42p
  • no_control
    no_control Posts: 130 Forumite
    Thank you for starting the thread Joylimited, please count me in again as #12.

Hope we all find lots of roadkill this month! I've found £1.17 so far.
  • Joylimited wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am taking over this challenge for March to support HOK3Y, hope you don't mind.

For the 5th month of roadkill rebels the drill is still the same: find as much roadkill as you can between March 1st and 31tst. The only stipulation is that it must be found outside of your home and/or car - it has to be money that genuinely wasn't yours or your family's before you found it! So if you find it down the side of the sofa, it doesn't count!

Will add numbers in the next post, feel free to sign up and subscribe

Thank you for starting us off, I posted my March road kill on February's thread I was so excited!

Count me in, I've found a penny so far :D
  • 5p find in Tesco today :)

Kicking the month off a lot earlier than February!
  • Ok, I have added everyone to the list, let's get this show on the road! Give me a shout if you want to join the challenge.

23p for me so far, mostly near bus stops although 10p were found in an estate during my driving lesson, when I switched seats with the instructor :D

What are your hotspots for roadkill ?
  • mummytummy
    mummytummy Posts: 932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Joylimited many thanks for keeping this going:T

If it helps to keep a eye on us, you can change my roadkill number to a lower one :beer:
    MFiT-T6 #17
    New mortgage: October 2019, £480,000
    Current balance: £210,000

Sealed Pot Challenge~17 #6
  • Hey mummytummy thank you for posting.

I am sure changing the numbers will not be necessary, no worries. Besides, (if you want to indulge in a bit of irrational thinking) changing our lucky numbers could indeed bring us bad luck :eek::eek::eek:

Will keep my eyes open for coins, good luck everyone!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Please can I join. I have pressed the subscribed button. (Still getting use to all the formalities). OH found 3x 5p's today. Total so far 23p for the month.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Hi Gem-gem, I have added you to the list, is #24 ok? I had a look at February's list to make sure no one had this number.
  • Joylimited wrote: »
    Ok, I have added everyone to the list, let's get this show on the road! Give me a shout if you want to join the challenge.

23p for me so far, mostly near bus stops although 10p were found in an estate during my driving lesson, when I switched seats with the instructor :D

What are your hotspots for roadkill ?

I don't seem to have any lucky hot spots, I shall wait with baited breath where everyone else's is and stalk them ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure