equifax cancellation

Options
Just tried to cancel my equifax membership during the free trial. They will cancel but it will take immediate effect, so you won't get your full 30 days free.

So, don't waste money calling them at premium rates until you are ready to lose access to your account.

Comments

• Ennis_2
    Options
    Also some advice...

I used their online help service. You need to go through another registration screen to log an issue, but from what I've read this is a lot less painful than the phone calls.

I logged the ticket (under Other, I believe, as they don't provide an option to cancel). Explained in the ticket I wanted to cancel, received an email the following day with everything cancelled.

Would encourage those having issues with the horrific phone lines to do this, although would obviously recommend not doing this if you're very close to the 30 days.

In my case I only needed to see what was on there (a credit report isn't going to change much in 30 days unless you're changing things, in which case you'll know). I signed up, seen it, got all the information I needed and then cancelled immediately.
  • realitycheck85
    Options
    i phoned to cancel mine on Thursday, was told i would receive an email in 10 minutes confirming cancellation , still haven't received anything .
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just phoned the 0800 no and spoke to a guy called AL and he cancelled it for me. Tried all ways to get me to stay with free offers but I POLITELY refused in the end wished me well.
  • MalcolmTucker
    Options
    Hi,

I used the subscription loophole from the MSE article to see my credit file at equifax. Beware equifax's attempt to take some money off you even after you cancel.

I phoned 0844 335 0550 and requested cancellation. All fine, except that the chap on the phone said that he would leave a 'free' webdetect service running for 6 months. After that if I wanted to continue with it it was £x (2.99 I think) per month, How generous, or perhaps not. Only when pressed hard did they admit that they would *automatically* start charging after 6 month unless I phoned again to cancel.

They claim to have cancelled both now, but it looks like sharp practice to me.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    minnie789 wrote: »
    Just tried to cancel my equifax membership during the free trial. They will cancel but it will take immediate effect, so you won't get your full 30 days free.

So, don't waste money calling them at premium rates until you are ready to lose access to your account.

I cancelled mine through their internet site NO problems at all.
    Don't pay high phone costs, do it online :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • charliecat39
    Options
    beware of potential phising with equifax. I got my credit report, then cancelled. Months later I start getting emails from "equifax" saying my card payment details have expired and/or a card payment has been refused. The email then asked my to click a log in link to "update my card details"

The email is very authentic looking.

needless to say, it goes straight into spam....
  • MacHoolahan
    Options
    Dear Sirs,

As there was no ready means to cancel my subscription through your web site I have cancelled it via my bank.

I will regard any further request for money or fees as a waste of my time and bill you accordingly – in court if necessary.

Regards,

Dr ***** ******

I'd quite like it if they wanted it tho ;)
  • MacHoolahan
    MacHoolahan Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 4 June 2014 at 3:37AM
    Options
    Basically charlatans.

These outfits are a cartel of unelected loan-shark-guarantors. Who use partial - and often crap - information to screw ordinary people.

Your thoughts, Martin-of-the-web-site?
  • aquasky
    Options
    Ennis wrote: »
    Also some advice...

I used their online help service. You need to go through another registration screen to log an issue, but from what I've read this is a lot less painful than the phone calls.

I logged the ticket (under Other, I believe, as they don't provide an option to cancel). Explained in the ticket I wanted to cancel, received an email the following day with everything cancelled.

Would encourage those having issues with the horrific phone lines to do this, although would obviously recommend not doing this if you're very close to the 30 days.

In my case I only needed to see what was on there (a credit report isn't going to change much in 30 days unless you're changing things, in which case you'll know). I signed up, seen it, got all the information I needed and then cancelled immediately.

can somebody tell me step by step on how to cancel my equifax subscriptions through an email?? i have trouble doing it. I'm so frustrated cuz i don't know how to do it.
  • dini_2
    dini_2 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

https://equifaxuk.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/account%252Foverview

Subect : Other.

Thats what I did, as I almost forgot to cancel.
    I requested immediate cancellation of my account at 7am on the last day, and received an email about 9am telling me account was cancelled.
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family