New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

not long now

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
2 replies 618 views
wannabe_credit_freewannabe_credit_free Forumite
146 posts
Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
I've had 2 credit cards for more years than I care to remember, usually paying the minimum monthly payment. I feel sick, just thinking about the thousands I've paid over the years in high interest charges.

Now my hubby is fast approaching retirement. 6 months ago I decided it was time to get my credit in check and I have been paying every spare penny I have to pay it off. Gave up smoking and the money I saved, I paid to my credit card. This and keeping my day to day expenses in control, has enabled me to reduce my debt from £7.680 to £3.770 to date.

I don't have any other debts and paid off mortgage last year, thank god.
Hope to be debt free in another 6 months. This site has inspired me to work toward my goals. I thank you for that....:T

Debt free 4/7/14........:beer:

Replies

• BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    16.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work and well done giving up smoking :)

Good luck with the next six months :) XXXXX
    Debt Free as of 26/07/19 (third time is the charm!)
    Emergency fund - 1100, Deposit - 800, Insurance and Christmas -300 , House - 5533
  • Wow, you have done amazinlgy well so far.
    :eek: Debt free date August 2019- working on it! Current Debt £33020.97 :D Focus - saving pots & Aquacard :cool: Central heating saved - £554/ 3500:A :j :T Working towards a future where I am not paying for the past!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support