where can i get a good value air compressor from?

my OH borrowed hes brothers compressor....it got stolen...
he is asking for a replacement...where an i get a good cheap value for money air compressor?
ke163v47m?fmt=jpeg&qlt=90&size=245,410&color=255,255,255sommat similar to this...company and colour does not matter....well beggars cant be fussy -( i know hes not reading this)
smile...and the world will smile with you!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Replies

• ManAtHomeManAtHome Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    One in Netto (28th June, page 6) for £70 - no idea how good it is http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nettog/menu/main.nsf
  • vaiovaio Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't you just tell the owner what happened and pay him to get replacement?

and, doesn't someone’s house insurance cover this anyway?
  • cuppa-chacuppa-cha Forumite
    190 Posts
    my OH did tell his brother...and hes asking for 130 quid...
    and i dont have household insurance...there were no crimes in the area i moved into...so did not think it was necessary to take out...hope the theif gets caught and throw the keys away to his cell...
  • vaiovaio Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s the point I was making, he lent you a compressor worth £130 or whatever and people are suggesting you replace it with a cheap one from netto

Buy him one like he’s lost or give him the money, it's bad enough you've lost his without compounding it with a cheap replacement
  • HugoSPHugoSP Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    In your position I would look to provide him with a like for like replacement. If it will cost him £130 to replace it then that's what he should get, minus wear and tear unless it is relitively new. If however you can get the same or a comparable product for less then go down that route.

Ask him what the make and model was and then speak to a tool supplier and find out his best price, then go from there.
    Behind every great man is a good woman
    Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
    £2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
  • cuppa-chacuppa-cha Forumite
    190 Posts
    it cost him in them days 130 quid...
    nowadys dunno how much they are...we only borrowed it to blow up a bouncy castle taht we got off freecycle,

i was just w andering wether anyone knew where i could get a replace,ment at a reasonable price.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides