where can i get a good value air compressor from?

my OH borrowed hes brothers compressor....it got stolen...
he is asking for a replacement...where an i get a good cheap value for money air compressor?
ke163v47m?fmt=jpeg&qlt=90&size=245,410&color=255,255,255sommat similar to this...company and colour does not matter....well beggars cant be fussy -( i know hes not reading this)
smile...and the world will smile with you!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Replies

• ManAtHomeManAtHome Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    One in Netto (28th June, page 6) for £70 - no idea how good it is http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nettog/menu/main.nsf
  • vaiovaio Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't you just tell the owner what happened and pay him to get replacement?

and, doesn't someone’s house insurance cover this anyway?
  • cuppa-chacuppa-cha Forumite
    190 Posts
    my OH did tell his brother...and hes asking for 130 quid...
    and i dont have household insurance...there were no crimes in the area i moved into...so did not think it was necessary to take out...hope the theif gets caught and throw the keys away to his cell...
  • vaiovaio Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s the point I was making, he lent you a compressor worth £130 or whatever and people are suggesting you replace it with a cheap one from netto

Buy him one like he’s lost or give him the money, it's bad enough you've lost his without compounding it with a cheap replacement
  • HugoSPHugoSP Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    In your position I would look to provide him with a like for like replacement. If it will cost him £130 to replace it then that's what he should get, minus wear and tear unless it is relitively new. If however you can get the same or a comparable product for less then go down that route.

Ask him what the make and model was and then speak to a tool supplier and find out his best price, then go from there.
    Behind every great man is a good woman
    Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
    £2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
  • cuppa-chacuppa-cha Forumite
    190 Posts
    it cost him in them days 130 quid...
    nowadys dunno how much they are...we only borrowed it to blow up a bouncy castle taht we got off freecycle,

i was just w andering wether anyone knew where i could get a replace,ment at a reasonable price.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News