Small Business or Personal tariff?

impvan
impvan Posts: 27 Forumite
Due to the virtual disappearance of Vodafone signal in this area over the last month, I'm looking at jumping ship..
I'm currently on a small business tariff, one phone, sim-only.

Other than getting a VAT invoice, is there any other reason why I shouldn't get just a personal deal?

impvan

Comments

• easy
    easy Posts: 2,516
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No reason at all, I did that for the last two years. You should also be able to get a VAT receipt, I just asked O2, and was then able to download it every month. I then just put it through my ltd company with my expenses.

If you are a sole trader it makes no difference at all. If you have a ltd company, you are treated as an employee, and if the company pays a contract which is in your name its considered a benefit in kind, so will be liable for tax.

Mind you, the price difference between a personal & a business contract can make that worthwhile - unless you're up in the 40% bracket.

For a more full explanation, see below.

http://m.accountingweb.co.uk/topic/tax/employee-benefits-phones-blackberrys-and-tax-rebecca-benneyworth
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi impvan,

I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing difficulties with the coverage in your area.

If you'd like any further help with this, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps on our eForum, which have been linked to here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure