Humax HDR1000S too old?

Options
Hi

I have been looking into what Freesat box to get to replace Sky and narrowed down to the all singing Humax HDR1000S-1TB.

Then when I looked on various sites and looked at the reviewed, I noticed some reviews were dated late 2012. Is the Humax HDR1000S-1TB that old?

My point is does anyone know if Humax plan to bring out a newer version, as then I might as well wait as the newer version will surely have more functions.

Thanks

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope, it's fine. It's got Freetime, which is the Freesat equivalent of Youview - it's a FreesatHD recorder, and has clever integrated catch up - you can go backwards on the programme guide to see programmes you have missed, and just select them to watch them on demand (iPlayer etc) if that channel has put it on. Of course there will always be newer versions, but the platform has stabalised so you'll be fine.
  • connaught07
    Options
    Thanks.

But can someone answer has the Humax HDR1000 with free time been available to purchase for around 18 months?
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    November 2012 maybe? That would make it around 18 months. It won't suddenly become useless, and if you're worried about it being old, there are already newer models - the 1010 - dunno what it adds though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure