Legit company?

Options
1235»

Comments

• upallnight
    upallnight Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    If the fraudulent mechant provides you with a key that lasts longer than 120 days it takes you outside the window for chargeback.
  • upallnight
    upallnight Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, if you want windows 7 get it on ebay with a disc and COA, beware of downloads.
  • bellybaby
    Options
    I really wish I'd found this sooner... I bought software off them about in July and it might be coincidence but I've been plagued by spam phone calls since then. Nothing dogy on my card yet but now I'm rather paranoid. I guess I should have listened to gut instinct when it seemed to cheap to be legitimate..
    :(
  • Do not purchase any software from the website: mrhightech.net.

They sell lots of Microsoft software and some laptops, they claim to operate out of Belfast, but the transaction appears on your credit card in Chinese Yen.

They also went out of business on 3rd July 2015, but are still trading.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do not purchase any software from the website: mrhightech.net.

They sell lots of Microsoft software and some laptops, they claim to operate out of Belfast, but the transaction appears on your credit card in Chinese Yen.

They also went out of business on 3rd July 2015, but are still trading.

...but if they are still trading they are clearly still in business! Doesn't seem to be a limited company, so where's the evidence they went out of business?
  • Honest_Joanne
    Options
    Avoid this company like the plague. I spent days sorting out a refund (still not received a year later despite repeated requests) after I cancelled (well within time) after I made some enquiries and found the company to not be legit. I also looked them up on the Companies House website, (Company No. NI625804), and found that the company has been dissolved. I contacted the Guardian journalist who recommended them in an article (how did that ever happen?). Companies House has repeatedly asked them to take this down. I never received the goods, despite a promise to refund me. That was a year ago. Trading Standards and my bank both agree that I should have a refund but its like getting blood from stone. They tried to charge me for shipping costs even though i was buying a download (ie not shipping involved). When I rang the staff were defensive, which aroused my suspicions.
    I shall treat recommendations - even from respectable national newspapers - with suspicion in future.
    Its so hard to get independent advice on computer software!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure