Never Had a Gas Bill

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
1 reply 862 views
FinchownedFinchowned Forumite
10 Posts
Sixth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hi all,

Hoping for some advice regarding having not recieved a gas bill in over a year! Here's the story so far:

Moved in to a new build home in November 2012 and was automatically set up with Gas & Electricty through supplier A. Once settled we shopped around and found a better deal with another supplier so we switched our gas and electricty from Supplier A to Supplier B on 30/12/2012.

Settled up with Supplier A and supplied a gas and electricty reading to Supplier B. Electricity went straight over and showed on our online account.

After about 5 weeks the gas still wasn't showing on our online account, so I contacted our supplier via email on:

10/02/2013
08/04/2013
04/05/2013

Each time Supplier B contacted me via telephone and stated that the gas would be switched soon but they were was a delay and they would contact me once it was switched.

So, I've been paying for my electricty without a problem and I've contacted Supplier B three times (dates above) and have left the ball in their court, on their say so.

My question is this: Has this happened to anyone before and before I contact Supplier B to find out what's going on, where do I stand and what would be the best way to proceed from a Money Saving Expert point of view?

Many thanks in advance for your response :D

Replies

• CardewCardew Forumite
    28.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has happened countless times.

If you keep your emails and note details of the phone calls, Supplier B can only back-bill you for 12 months.

I would read and record your gas meter readings at regular intervals.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals