new house sale has completed..electricity question

Options
just got my first house.
current provider is E.ON (i know this from going on the E.On site and enterign details, previous owner has not left bills or usage etc).
we are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children and are guessing we are medium users (options of low, med and high).
what happens if i choose medium and then under use? do we get a rebate? I assume if we over use they charge us a final fee at the end of the term, or up the rate part way through?

How do they determin how much we use though? is it just from meter readings?

Comments

• if you accumalte a crdeit then you can ask for a refund,most suppliers will review your dd every 6 months and if needed will increase or decrease it
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Yes they can only get your consumption from reading the meter - you can enter the readings yourself.

The first thing to decide is what company you wish to supply you with electricity. You have to be initially with E-on but can switch straight away to another company. You will need to use the comparison websites to find out who is cheapest.

There are generally 4 tariffs available for new customers and the cheapest tend to be run on-line and with payment by monthly direct debit.

We appreciate that you will not know your predicted kWh consumption, so you will need to ask neighbours/previous occupants for a guide; or E-on might give you an indication.

I suggest you pay by Direct Debit and enter meter readings frequently and your DD payment will be adjusted in-line with your consumption.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure