TU have 25% off but paid original price 2 days b4

Options
Do you know if Sainsburys will give me the difference as I just missed their 25% off? i have kept my receipt which has the original price for the item. Obviously would like to benefit on 25% off if i can.

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    You can ask. Depending on the refund policy you could return and rebuy. You don't know until you ask
  • Bantex_2
    Bantex_2 Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    Options
    I only evey buy clothes from Sainburys when they have 25% off. Happens around every six weeks.
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    Would you pay them 25% more for your last groceries, if they had put the price up on them all ?
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    You can ask. Depending on the refund policy you could return and rebuy. You don't know until you ask
    yes was thinking to do that, return item but then rebuy at 25% off price.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Bantex wrote: »
    I only evey buy clothes from Sainburys when they have 25% off. Happens around every six weeks.
    you are right and on monday when the 25% hadn't started i thought that they're not doing it this time round so i ended up buying the item, only to read today that they have 25% off. Gutted!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    just buy another and take the old one back, simples
  • halibut2209
    Options
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    Would you pay them 25% more for your last groceries, if they had put the price up on them all ?

As usual, completely irrelevant
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Gra76
    Gra76 Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Do you know if Sainsburys will give me the difference as I just missed their 25% off? i have kept my receipt which has the original price for the item. Obviously would like to benefit on 25% off if i can.

Why would Sainsbury's give you the difference?

Regardless of whether you missed the '25% off' sale by 2 days or 2 years the point is that you missed it.

If it's as regular as every 6 weeks (and they didn't start it when you expected them to) it'd be an idea to ask in store when the next sale is starting before purchasing next time.

Sounds like a case of bad timing! Similar to when I bought half a dozen BluRay films last November at what I thought were good prices, only to see most of them discounted further after Xmas. Nevermind!

As far as I'm concerned if you paid the ticket price you shouldn't be entitled to getting refunded the difference if the items are reduced at a later date, otherwise we'd all be constantly returning to stores asking for money back.
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    As usual, completely irrelevant

Why is it irrelevant?

OP bought the clothes when she wanted too. She was unaware that a sale was going to start, the shop doesn't need to tell anyone to hold back on buying as we are going to start a sale.

They are in business to make money, not give it away.

Would they have the same rights as her, to go back to every customer who bought , say a certain bottle of wine for , say £5, which has gone up to £7, to get the extra off them.

The contract was complete at time of sale, OP bought at a price she was happy paying at that time. It will only be down to the goodwill of the retailer, if they give the difference back.

There is no Legal obligation.
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is an obligation if they have a returns policy, as that would form part of the contract.

I am quite sure that the OP didn't enter into a contract to pay more at a later date.
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure