Has sub-forum name change altered forum nature?

Options
I haven't looked in here for a while and I sense that the type of question raised has altered somewhat. Formerly a substantial number of threads concerned consumption, accounts and billing, and companies' bads.

Has the new line
LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
had an effect on the subjects raised, be it intentionally or by chance?

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why, what was it called before????
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    oldwiring wrote: »
    I haven't looked in here for a while and I sense that the type of question raised has altered somewhat. Formerly a substantial number of threads concerned consumption, accounts and billing, and companies' bads.

Has the new line
    LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

had an effect on the subjects raised, be it intentionally or by chance?

I think it has, no mention of Gas or Electricity has confused many I guess, or has Gas & Electricity moved somewhere else ?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • luvchocolate
    Options
    really silly change if you click on energy its as it used to be....wyi its been changed goodness knows
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    really silly change if you click on energy its as it used to be....wyi its been changed goodness knows
    Yes, its ridiculous, gas/.electric yearly bills at an average of £1400 a year is about the biggest yearly expense for household bills, surely it deserves a mention in the heading at least.
  • Greenfires
    Options
    This is a sub board of the energy forum - where you'll find the mains gas and electricity stuff you mentioned, and plenty of it. IIRC this sub board was started due to the number of threads being started that concerned solid fuel, LPG , oil and so on.
  • ktee_uk
    Options
    Yes i agree, its really annoying. It used to take 3 clicks and now its 2 clicks, scroll and search and another click. Not the way to create useful links imo
    Mortgage free after 12years
    Saving for early and comfortable retirement
    "If you want to forget your worries, wear tight shoes"
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ktee_uk wrote: »
    Yes i agree, its really annoying. It used to take 3 clicks and now its 2 clicks, scroll and search and another click. Not the way to create useful links imo

Can you not bookmark the correct section??? :cool:
  • Greenfires
    Options
    This is the only section I tend to visit on a daily basis as it's most relevant to me and what I do - my browser brings me straight to the page. Don't think it could be any simpler to be honest!
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Greenfires wrote: »
    This is the only section I tend to visit on a daily basis as it's most relevant to me and what I do - my browser brings me straight to the page. Don't think it could be any simpler to be honest!

But perhaps not for newcomers trying to get help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure