RCI timeshare missold

Options
13»

Comments

• JAQ
    JAQ Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I could tell they were another sales team. When we said no we would not sign for the discount card they turned nasty.

Thanks
  • Cipaly81
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering if either of you have had luck in getting rid of your Timeshare?

We too feel we were mis sold our CLC World Timeshare as it is not what they stated it was.

We have also had the pleasure of the EZE group after contacting The Timeshare Advice Bureau and thinking we were going to meet actual lawyers and also ITRA who also tried to get us to part with over £5000 with the promise of helping us.

I have also heard of Stephen Stephen Boyd from Athena Law and was wondering whether to contact him.

I have sent a letter to CLC and they have responded and I am in the process of responding again but am looking for further advice.

Thanks
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you asked the company to take it back?
    We did and they did, OK it cost us $750 but that was worth it.........
  • Louise_Gloyne
    Options
    Hi we feel into the trap as well. We purchased a Marriott timeshare which was great for the first few years then the maintenance fees went sky high, we were approached by a company who invited us to Malta and explained that they would take our Marriott time share from us as it was not worth anything and that if we paid £7,000 we could go into their points scheme and allow us to use go to the Marriott for a third of the maintenance we were paying each year. So we bought into Eze.......this was ok for the first two trips then it was a disaster and we continually complained and in the end they invited us to Tenerife to talk about it but when we got there they told us that the package we were sold in Malta was not sufficient and that we needed to pay a further £3,000 to get the full singing and dancing package, so we did. I cannot believe we got dragged into it. I have read the threads and understand I can write to the credit card come under section 75 but my problem is I can't remember what card I had in 2011 is there a way around this. Also we lost the paperwork but now have the original £7,000 contract but am waiting to get the £3,000 from Eze. Any items would be appreciated.
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Options
    So you paid Xthousands originaly for your Marriot timeshare,then you paid £7000 to get out of that,and.then you paid £3000 on top of that?...
    I think you are beyond help
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Options
    Did i forget to mention the (approx) £5000 paid in "mantenence fees) over the last few years........
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Louise, thanks for being honest enough to admit what you have done, at least others may learn from your mistakes. Never chase lost money with more money but at least you must know that thousands of others have done exactly the same.

Eze appeared at Birmingham Magistrates court last November on charges of breaching consumer law by misleading customers in relation to the sale of Leisure Credits. They pleased guilty but the judge thought the case was so serious, the owners who appear to be Dominic O'Reilly and his daughter Stephanie O'Reilly , were sent to the Crown Court for sentencing. I do not know the outcome of that hearing but in previous cases it was suggested they had sold Credits to around 7000 people at £10,000 a time, so we are talking about millions of pounds of sales, and yet Eze in the UK appear to have accounts showing hardly any money at all.

Trading Standards, who are really on the ball in Birmingham, advised other customers to contact action fraud and their credit card companies if they believed they had been misled, in your case it appears the 'offences' may have been committed abroad which may make the issue slightly more complicated in relation to the possible fraud but has no effect in relation to a possible section 75 claim. If you cannot establish which card it was you used, but remember when you agreed to pay more, you can ask each of your card companies for copy statements for the relevant months. The best of luck!
  • juwannee
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I just want to know if anyone had an experience about cancellation of timeshare.
    We went to Cancun a month ago and thought the deal was so good only to find out that everything has been represented. Clearly missold! so unfortunate that all the benefits given to us are not written in the contract we signed for. What is the best way to get out? We have cancelled it the moment we found out about the misinformation (11 days after we signed the contract). However, Mexico only has 5 days cooling period and we know we cannot get any refund back but we just want out on this contract. But now they are threatening us with cancellation fee when in fact it is their own staff who deceived us. HELP!
    Many thanks for all your input.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2019 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Spamming post has been removed
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure