VCS Sheffield

Hi,

I have just joined this forum and I am not sure how to go about with this thread etc..., any help would be appreciated. I received a parking Penalty notice from VCS in Sheffield . I recently I picked my husband from the Humberside international airport, I pulled over at the bus stop for around 40sec to pick my husband , there were no buses around, nor was there any cars,where I caused obstruction. I wish to appeal, the reason given for fine is ' stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited'. any help to draft a reply, or advise will be appreciated.

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New thread please. One case, one thread rule on the forum.

Also read the NEWBIES sticky at the top of the forum. Help will be available once you work within the forum's parameters.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello motto_74, welcome to MSE :hello:

I've moved your posts out into a new thread so all future responses and updates can be kept in one place for you :)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • hello,

I am new to this website so i did not find out the replies earlier, as my post had been opened in new thread. I drafted and posted my own letter over the weekend explaining the circumstances i had to stop and for how long and appealed to cancel my fine as it was unreasonable. Can i send another soft appeal which i have now got the link to, and send it, coz it sounds good enough . Thanks, any replies would be much appreciated.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • [FONT=&quot]Thanks for all your advise i have just drafted this letter now and will send it across.So basically they will have two letters from me.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Sir/ Madam[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] As the registered keeper of () I'm in receipt of the above mentioned parking invoice dated . I wish to invoke your appeals process as all liability to your company is denied on the following:

1) The amount being claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss to your company or the landowner
    2) Your signage does not comply with the BPA Code of Practice
    3) You are not the landowner and do not have the capacity to offer contracts or to bring a claim for trespass

These points and others will be raised with POPLA should you not accept this appeal, and you will be expected to provide a full breakdown of your alleged loss, and your full unredacted contract with the landowner.

If you do reject the challenge and insist on taking the matter further I must inform you that I may claim my expenses from you. The expenses I may claim are not exhaustive but may include the cost of stamps, envelopes, travel expenses, legal fees, etc. By continuing to pursue me you agree to pay these costs when I prevail.

Any communication that does not either confirm cancellation or include a POPLA verification code shall be reported to the BPA as a breach of their Code of Practice - the BPA recently issued guidance to all members to remind them of this fact. Such communication may also be deemed harassment and pursued accordingly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours Truly,[/FONT]
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem now is we havent seen your previous appeal and you may have admitted being the driver

the appeal above is the only appeal that should have been sent , so they may use your first appeal as driver instead of the second one as RK

either way you should get a popla code and win at popla

in future , you would be better off posting stuff on here for critique before sending it off , so you get every step right with no errors
    Newbies !!
  • This is the original letter i sent, any further ammendments should i state on the second letter before posting it today.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir /Madam.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Alleged Contravention: Stopping [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on a Roadway where stopping is Prohibited[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    I am the registered Keeper of the above vehicle and I am appealing against the above charge.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] I had dropped off my husband at airport that morning but due to unforseen circumstances he had to cancel his flight, hence I came to pick him up and as it was raining that morning I just pulled over for about approx. 30 sec as per your photographic evidence at the bus stop with the engine still running ,so it cannot be considered as a parking charge.There were no buses or cars running at that time and also I did not notice marked rules at the bus stop. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I think this is quiet an unreasonable fine .[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kindly be generous and reconsider your decision in waving the penalty.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours Truly,[/FONT]
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that letter names yourself as driver, negating the one I posted , it also gives them all the evidence they needed to know to "prove" the charge they sent you as you have admitted to what you did, what they alleged you did

its also NOT a fine, its a parking charge invoice , only a court or a judge can fine you
    Newbies !!
  • does it effect the case in bad way. do i need to make any ammendments or just send it away as it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides