IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Humberside Airport PCN

Hi, I am so pleased that you won your appeal. I have joined this forum after receiving a PCN for exactly the same bus stop at Humberside Airport. Could you please advise me on how to word the first letter to VCS. I know to refer to the driver in the third party but would be really grateful for any further advice. My car was pulled over for 9 seconds and the engine was running. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    please read this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

I have asked for your post to be split into its own thread
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hello Mariella and welcome to MSE :hello:

I've moved your posts out into a new thread so all future responses and updates can be kept in one place for you :)
  • Redx
    this one just won, http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4821037 , so follow that example but adapt it to your own details

a soft appeal to VCS, followed by the hard appeal to popla later

here is a soft appeal you can adapt as registered keeper
    Dear VCS,

As the registered keeper of (reg) I'm in receipt of your parking invoice xxxxxx dated xxxxxx. I wish to invoke your appeals process as all liability to your company is denied on the following:

1) The amount being claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss to your company or the landowner
    2) Your signage does not comply with the BPA Code of Practice
    3) You are not the landowner and do not have the capacity to offer contracts or to bring a claim for trespass

These points and others will be raised with Popla should you not accept this appeal, and you will be expected to provide a full breakdown of your alleged loss, and your full unredacted contract with the landowner.

If you do reject the challenge and insist upon taking the matter further I must inform you that I may claim my expenses from you. The expenses I may claim are not exhaustive but may include the cost of stamps, envelopes, travel expenses, legal fees, etc. By continuing to pursue me you agree to pay these costs when I prevail.

Please issue your cancellation within 35 days of this letter, or forward a popla verification code.

Faithfully

then the popla appeal is in the linked thread I gave earlier
  • Thank you all for your help. I am just writing to them now and will let you know how I get on.
  • motto_74
    motto_74 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Hi mariella,, i m in same situation like yours kindly post the reply u receive from them, I have drafted my own appeal letter as I did not see the one as advised on the website, but after I get popla code I need to know how to reply please. Many thanks.
  • Redx
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4821037&page=2 post #25 has a suitable popla appeal but is tailored for the RK to send (not the driver)

it can be used if anyone has admitted driving by removal of point #4 I believe (basically - adapted to suit the circumstances)

it also won at popla recently so is obviously a very good template to base your own appeal on , it could also be used at JLA with any relevant changes too
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    motto_74 wrote: »
    Hi mariella,, i m in same situation like yours kindly post the reply u receive from them, I have drafted my own appeal letter as I did not see the one as advised on the website, but after I get popla code I need to know how to reply please. Many thanks.
    Follow RedX's advice but please start your own thread. There are ample examples of how to draft your own POPLA appeal. Read the Newbies thread here.

Yes, there is a lot of reading but it will help you understand what your situation is and how you can get out of it.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Redx
    they both have their own threads going but my advice does apply to both, plus I posted in the motto thread too, hopefully they will both take it on board
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure