IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

First forum IPC Win - UKPS

At the weekend Op advised they had a ticket from UKPS
Did appeal for them on monday based only on GPEOL

They then submitted it and today they have got this back

Thank you for your appeal to the IPC. We have received the outcome and the IPC can inform that your appeal has been successful. This means the operator has cancelled your parking charge notice (PCN) (no. 6175). As the PCN has been cancelled no further action needs to be taken and the case has been closed.

Now that seems very quick to me and i wonder who really looked at the appeal

Ive asked the OP to go back to the IPC and ask who looked at the appeal and to confirm it was allowed on the grounds of GPEOL
Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T

Replies

• hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    The IPC state in their code of practice t

8.1 All Parking Charges issued by you must be reasonable and enforceable under any applicable legal provisions. If your charges amount to damages you should be able to demonstrate how such charges are calculated for each site as a ‘genuine pre-estimate of loss’ in order to be able to justify the amounts. More information on Charges can be found in Schedule 5.

Perhaps it is an automatic loss if this document is not available.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wouldn't the motorist have appealed to the PPC? How come the IPC got involved?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    Wouldn't the motorist have appealed to the PPC? How come the IPC got involved?

Yes appeal to ukps then appeal to ipc
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes appeal to ukps then appeal to ipc

Right, so initial appeal to PPC rejected.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • What was the car park? Perhaps I should add this to my list, seeing as all charges here seem to be unenforceable.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • @KIFL was this the total length of time taken for the outcome

i.e. from ticket - to appeal to UKPS - to appeal outcome from IPC IAS?

It this is the case then it is very quick indeed. They sure spent a lot of time seeking their independent solicitors opinion here!

So that's a £25 charge to UKPS then!
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Messrs Ashworth and Baron will not be happy bunnies but then it is just one PCN...
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • The OP had already appealed and had the rejection letter at the weekend.

I think it was decided very quickly as the IPC properly saw that UKPS wouldn't be able to prove GPEOL as was just allowed
  • Why are people moaning that it was cancelled to quickly? Isn't the whole point to have it cancelled?
  • Can you point out who is moaning?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum