Can you help the Mash Monster Mummy?

13»

Comments

• Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good news guys, the Mummy Mash Monster did not get serenaded this evening thanks to you guys.
    I made a sort of colcannon no - fishcake. I cooked some cabbage, mixed Iit with the Mash along with an egg and made some 'cakes' in the frying pan.
    Sort of bubble and squeak in individual patties I guess.
    They went down a storm!
    I have some mash left so will bung it in the freezer and use it to top something next week.
    Thanks everyone for all your help :)
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    for 'pink mash' - add some of the vinegar from pickled beetroot - or the watery 'juice' from boiled beetroot. The look on the grandgirls faces when I did this for them was priceless!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    accumulate some leftover cooked carrots and add them and some corned beef to the leftover mash, flour your hands and make patties with them and shallow fry. We always called these 'rissoles'. you can add cooked onion too if liked.
  • I used to make egg nests for my kids when they were small. Mounds of mash on a baking tray with a dip in middle, break in an egg and bake till egg is set. Can top with cheese too if they like it.
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Egg nests sound fab..as do the rissoles- they sound a bit corned beef hashy?
    Pink mash...hmmm, my 8yr old has announced she is 'not into pink anymore'. Maybe I could add more juice and make red mash!
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure