Elecrtic Warm Air Units

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
3 replies 2.2K views
lmp_2lmp_2 Forumite
31 Posts
:confused:

Hi

i dont have any gas supply in my house and i was wondering if anyone could help me. I want to have an electric warm air unit installed ( its only a small 2 bed bungalow) can anyone direct me or give me some advice

ta very muchly

Replies

• CardewCardew Forumite
    28.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All forms of electrical heating(other than storage heaters on Economy 7 – and yes I have read your other posts) are the most expensive way of heating possible.

It doesn’t matter what type of electrical heating. They all cost the same to run for the same heat output.

If you really can’t get on with Economy 7 and are determined to have electric warm air heating, you might as well get some cheap fan heaters.
  • lmp_2lmp_2 Forumite
    31 Posts
    thanks for you answer cardew, and no i cant get on with e 7 or e 10. I simply asked for advice on other electric forms of heating and i am a bit more house proud to ` get some cheap fan heaters` if i wanted to do that i would have gone to argos and done that !!
  • CardewCardew Forumite
    28.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "cheap fan heaters" heaters I mean a simple system that won't cost much to install.

If the aesthetics are important, I am sure you can get a fan heater designed by Porsche, Stella McCartney or Victoria Beckham(a slimline model)

My point was not to buy a hugely expensive(non-storage) electrical heating system marketed to give the impression that they are more efficient; because they ain't.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals