PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Monday 27th January

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 January 2014 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Hester 9 and a half stone really isn't that heavy.:o I would prefer to claim that the toilet seat was defective in some way.:)

Up bright and early this morning. Well when hubby went to work the bed got cold and the trouble with our electric blanket is that although there are three settings I'm either too hot or too cold. I'm sitting here planning my day, waiting for the heating to come on which will be in about half an hour dressed and I'm wrapped up in my dressing gown, hubbys dressing gown and planning my day.

Weekend went well. Friday evening at midnight I rang 'Youngest' to see if he had got his key. Well that was the excuse anyway. I know he's 18 now and not a baby but he usually plans his day like I do and tells me when he will be back if he goes out. Well he went out straight after college and by midnight I was wondering if he was ok. 'I'm ok Mum' he answered 'I'm in the pub with a few of me mates'. He rolled in at 2am but soberish. He was well chuffed as he hadn't been asked for ID and he's trying so hard to lose that 'underage' look. "Shant be going to the pub very often" he told me. 3 pints and that's a tenner gone.:rotfl:

Saturday I spent most of the day with my daughter, future son in law and my Grandson.

Sunday, was shopping day plus the fact hubby had listed some items that were finishing on Sunday evening. All but 2 items had sold and he is now £700 the better for it. I'll be waiting for couriers all week now so dare not go out.

House needs a good clean today, twice as many dog hairs as usual as I didn't put the vacuum round yesterday.

Jobs for today:
    [strike]Vacuum upstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Dust/clean upstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum stairs[/strike]
    [strike]Kitchen floor[/strike]
    [strike]Bathroom[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum downstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Dust/clean downstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Submit meter readings to see how much we owe[/strike]
    [strike]Cut Millie dogs nails[/strike]
    Tea will be lasagne (hubby will be pleased - not)

Have a good day all.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Hester, can I swap, I want to be 9.7 as well:D
    redruby I couldn't manage without my tumble dryer but it's old, we are saving for one that's cheaper to run.

I'm off to the physio this morning. I've done the exercises as she said so hopefully they will think I'm doing ok.
    Have a piece of pork shoulder to roast for tea. Going to serve it with some filled pasta and veg.
    Dreadful nights sleep, my leg ached all night and I couldn't get comfy, despite clean sheets! So I may have a nap later as well.
    Looks like it may snow, we shall see. DGS will be pleased.
    Have a good Monday x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I don't quite know what to write. We have to go back to Yorkshire today - mum is very ill and it really sounds as if this might be it. But she has confounded us in the past by recovering several times when we didn't think she would so I'm hoping for the best.

So not a lot os going on here today.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snoozer (((hugs))) to you.
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs Snoozer.

Been a while since I posted in here! My life is busy busy with work 6 days a week, running 4 times a week, reivison for my exams (on the 10th arghh!) and planning our wedding. Not much time to do a lot else!!

Nearly finished Veganuary, which has been a great success, but I do miss being able to not think quite so much about the meals I'm doing. I also miss baking, but managed to make Pop Tarts yesterday!

Need to wash some clothes tonight, dinner will be stir fry, and then revise revise revise!

Hugs to all who want/need them
  • System
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I don't quite know what to write. We have to go back to Yorkshire today - mum is very ill and it really sounds as if this might be it. But she has confounded us in the past by recovering several times when we didn't think she would so I'm hoping for the best.

So not a lot os going on here today.

(((hugs)))
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Snooozer Hugs

Hester I stood on a stool at work a while back and it broke, the rest of the department still go on about my "obesity". I am 9 stone!

Molly Hugs

Been really busy recently so not had time to post. Oh well, half term is only 3 weeks away!
    Work is crazy at the moment and DS has tonsilitis so I am also worrying about him, he hasn't been ill since he was 11 and he is nearly 18 so it has really knocked him for six.
    I also spent 3 hours yesterday timing a netball tournament in the pouring rain and howling wind so I am feeling a bit sniffy myself today!

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • System
    Options
    Well I'm pleasantly surprised. Gas/Electric meters read, readings submitted and we are £50 in credit and another direct debit will go out on the 1st of next month. I can only put this down to the cavity wall insulation we had last year. Normally, by now we have to have to pay a lump sum to keep our account in credit. By the settlement quarter I am hoping we will be well in credit. So pleased about that.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Snoozer I am so sorry to hear that your Mum is so poorly (((Hugs)))

Hester, sorry I did giggle a little, I would just blame it on cheap, shoddy Chinese carp :D I hope that you didn't injure your derrière x

Really nippy here today and I am thinking of lighting the fire but I will have to get DS to clean it out for me first, it only takes five minutes, I would do it but for my knees.

DH took me down to the Halifax this morning and I have transferred all of our savings out and put half into a mutual building society and the other half into a credit union, just leaving £10 in to keep the account open because I have payments going straight in there, I will clear it out regularly now. The banks cannot be trusted any more.

Finally finished that damn DLA form, just going to get DH to read through it and I need to copy some letters, then it can be posted tomorrow.

Not much planned for the rest of the day.

Dinner tonight for the boys is Mediterranean pork casserole, I will serve up half of it and the other half I will freeze to add to the stash of HM ready meals.
    I am having Italian style chicken with new potatoes and runner beans (Home grown from last year)

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Evening all
    Hugs to Snoozer & Molly, LW I hope you have a furry lodger with you.
    I'm glad my mishap gave everyone a giggle, my work colleagues found it amusing too. I didn't hurt my backside, but I did hurt my neck as I shot forward as I felt the seat give way, still it's better now.
    Busy day at work, so the day passed quickly.
    Going round to see my DD this evening as she needs cheering up.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills